Recent Posts

Cyndi_P
on 6/25/06 10:29 pm - Big Spring, TX
Topic: We Have a SON!
After 3 miscarriages before my RNY surgery, we finally had a successful pregnancy and welcomed our baby boy, Joshua David into the world on Valentine's Day, just three days short of my second surgery anniversary!! We are so excited! Though I was not at my goal weight at conception, I only gained about 27 pounds during the pregnancy and lost ten the day of delivery. Four months later, I am back down to what I was at conception and back on track to my goal! It is amazing how much energy I have to work, help my Mr. Mom husband with housework and taking care of our precious son. I was hurting over those babies I had lost, but now that we are actually parents and to see how much there is to take care of a baby, I am glad that I had the surgery first. Being almost 400 lbs pre surgery, I could not have handled the pregnancy itself much less all that comes after that! On a side note, 3 of my oldest friends had the surgery based on my success and now my husband, brother and mother are all wanting to have this done too. The first few months were tough but when I look into those beautiful blue eyes, it was SO worth it!! Cyndi_P
redzz04
on 3/13/05 8:55 pm
Topic: RE: What is your six year old going through?
Annette, Thanks sooo much for the playdough tip! He will love that. In fact I think I am going to go get some today for him to play with. His handwriting is still not very good. He gets bored very quick so he doesnt pay attention to what he is doing. That is the issue he is going through right now. I am patient with him, but it concerns me because he is a smart little guy and knows the work...money for example...he knows it but just doesnt "feel like" taking the time to count. I talked to him today because he was upset that he tends to be the last of his class to finish his work. He told me that he likes to socialize. He knows the work and has no problems completing the work at home so I know he knows it. I explain to him that if he continues to socialize he absolutely will be the last to get done and thats no fun. I asked him to concentrate on his work so he can get it done and then have fun. It's hard because matthew is pretty much the youngest in his class. Most of the children are already 7 years old and have been for a few months. It makes such a huge difference. His maturity level is not as advanced as the others. I often wondered if I should have held him back because of the maturity level. He does know the work though..so then I think that if I had done that he would have been bored. I probably just worry too much! I guess we parents do Thanks again for the tip. Have any tips regarding concentration? I use to do the quarter reward...when he does well in school then he gets a quarter. Then by the end of the week if he had 4 quarters then he would get to go to the dollar store to pick out a prize. Maybe I should try that again? Or if you have any tips that work on skills like the play dough that would be great. Thanks again! Elizabeth M
Annette L.
on 3/4/05 8:53 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Elizabeth, I used to teach 5-11 yr.olds It sounds like your little guy is right on target with most 6 yr. olds. Try not to be to hard on him remember he's only been on this earth for 72 months, puts a whole different perspective on it dosn't it. If you're concerned about his writting, don't worry about it to much give him something for small motor skills like play dough, clay is better but because it's so stiff some kids won't use it for very long. Crayons and coloring books work well too, anything that will work the muscles in the hands wrist and fingers. Make whatever you choose to do fun, and he'll want to do it. Heres a recipie for playdough. 2cups flour mixed with 1/2 cup of salt. add 7/8 cups of boiling water and 2 tablespoons oil (not shortening) mix well. add 1-2 more cups of flour as needed untill dough is no longer sticky. you may need more or less flour you will know when its right. If its to stiff add a little oil, if to sticky add flour. you can add food coloring with the water if you want to. I like to squirt some of the gel coloring into the dough then watch as it changes color while the children play with it.they really like this. Best wishes. God Bless, Annette
Lora Leach
on 1/4/05 12:08 am - Goreville, IL
Hi Elizabeth! I have a 5 y/o(6 in June) and like your little guy, he's gotten really whiny as of lately. I think its just a phase that they are going through.(i hope..lol) Tyler loves school, playing, people, etc. He loves to play the nintendo 64. When he's home, he's usually on it for an hour or 2. He loves to do things for me and his dad, as well as others. I think your little guy sounds like he's right where he should be. He's learning who he is, and that is hard on anyone. There are days I wonder if I know myself..lmao Best of luck with him and e-mail me anytime.
redzz04
on 11/5/04 2:08 am
Topic: What is your six year old going through?
What is your six year old going through right now? In other words...How does he act in general, interract with others, his emotional stability. My son has been very whiny. He gets a ton of attention so its not an attention problem. His handwriting is not that wonderful...maybe I am expecting too much from him. Hes a smart little cookie but just doesnt enjoy much of school. He likes his little friends and tries hard to please which worries me sometimes. He's definitely a follower I think. Hes a sweet heart but has a ton of energy and takes forever to get him to listen! His eating is just really low...not a big eater! I like to talk with other parents with kids my sons age to compare...sometimes we think things arent going right with our little ones then we find out that they are right on track. Well not sure if anyone will respond but this is a neat forum regardless! Best wishes!
JC
on 1/27/04 7:13 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the Children Forum message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics
We Have a SON!
Cyndi_P · 0 replies · 326 views