Colossians 1:3

Hislady
on 3/13/12 10:24 am - Vancouver, WA
"We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you."

It can be frustrating watching new Christians with their spiritual growth. It is not always as quick as we would like to see it. Some are more thirsty than others and therefore study and read more. Some find it difficult to study that much at one time. Just as people are different so is their spiritual growth speed. Paul wrote many letters of correction but always followed up with praise and encoureagment. It all goes back to the old saying you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. So instead of condemning baby Christians we need to encourage them along with the correction. Correction does much, but encouragement does more.

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 3/14/12 5:48 am - Perry, MI
I definitely find that mentoring a baby Christian, and watching her try, fail, and try again is sometimes discouraging.   But then, I have to look at how clumsy my walk was for a very long time.  James talks about trials growing us.  I can see that in my mentee, Maria.  When she starts to beat herself up, I take her to 1 John 1:9, and remind her that we confess, repent and move on.

I am grateful that my mentor never gave up on me.  She just sent me a card that brought tears to my eyes.  

Please pray for my mentor, Ruth, and her daughter, Crystal.  Ruth has a recurrence of cancer in her chest wall, after having a mastectomy.  Crystal, age 26, has Stage 3 Melanoma.  

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 3/14/12 10:01 am - Vancouver, WA
Yep we've all been baby Christians at one time and just have to remember it takes time and patience. I'm so sorry to hear about Ruth and her daughter, goodness they certainly have had a rough go. Yet she still knows where her strength comes from! Will add her to my prayer list.
Most Active