Day 7

Patricia R.
on 6/26/13 3:40 am - Perry, MI

Please continue to pray for Trent, my son-in-law.  Today is day 7 of the pain with the kidney stones, and not one has passed.  He did go back to the doctor, and got more pain meds.  The doc said it could take weeks before they all pass.  

Unfortunately, he had to return to work, as he is the family's sole source of steady income.  He works for himself, so no paid sick days.  My daughter does do some part time babysitting during the day.  The praise there is that the children she watches are friends, classmates, of my older grandchildren.  Plus, she has a four foot pool, not big, just the right size for the kids that use it.

I took two quarts of strawberries over to their house this morning.  I'd gone to a local strawberry farm yesterday, and bought some fresh picked berries.  It was raining when I got back to our neighborhood, so I waited to go over then.  This morning, the weather was perfect for a bike ride, so I took a ride over.  

Karen, I hope you're doing better today.  I was pleased to learn you're back on the prednisone taper.  When my asthma flares, I am very grateful for that med.

God bless.  All prayers are appreciated.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/26/13 8:25 am - Vancouver, WA

Poor guy! Can't they zap it with a laser or something to break them up more so they will pass? I'm sure I've read where they can do that somehow, obviously something is stopping them from passing! Mine have never lasted that long, never more than 10-12 hrs. Still praying tho that they will do something to speed up the process!

Oh yeah praise the Lord for prednisone, it really helps! I've been on it for months tho now and I don't want to start developing some of the nastier side effects. I've gained about 20 lbs but I can deal with that when I feel better. It usually comes off when I go off the drug tho neve been on it this long before so we'll see. I just want to feel healthier for a change. I'm making a list of quiestions to e mail my doc because I don't think he realizes how much this is impacting my quality of life. I'm sure others have it much worse but this isn't where I want to be and if it is going to be permanent then I'm gonna need an attitude adjustment and if not I need to get my but in serious gear and lose weight so my poor lungs don't have to work as hard! This too shall pass!

Most Active