Waiting for test results

Patricia R.
on 6/27/13 7:41 am - Perry, MI

As many of you may remember, I've been dealing with all of the symptoms of a sick gall bladder.  I had an ultrasound, which came up negative.  Last week, I had an endoscopy, which showed no ulcer.  Well, today, I had a hida scan, which is a nuclear medicine test, to check how my gall bladder is functioning.  From start to fini**** took a total of 90 minutes of laying flat on my back, after they injected radioactive dye in an IV.  After an hour, they injected synthetic fat into the IV, to make the liver and gall bladder process it while the scan is taking place.  It takes 3-4 business days before my doctor gets the results.  I'm praying it is the gall bladder, so I can just get it removed, and be done with these awful, annoying symptoms.  

Please pray I get an answer soon, so I know I'm not just imagining the indigestion, nausea, and pain.  This has been going on for a long time, building to more frequent symptoms, and worse symptoms.  

Thanks,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/28/13 5:37 am - Vancouver, WA

I'll be praying they can yank that GB out and be done with it. I know I immediately felt better once it was out. Mine had been bad for quite awhile but I'm on so much pain medication I didn't really feel it till I had a golf ball sized stone. So hopefully yours is gone sooner rather than later.

Most Active