Favorite Comedy Movie Scenes

Mike M.
on 4/4/04 12:25 am - East Lyme, CT
Hi all, let's get the ball moving. In Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: On the plane out of New York, John Candy's character, Del, takes his shoes off, then his socks, then starts starts spinning his socks in in attempt to air them out. The phrase "Oh, Oh, my dogs are barking!" Everytime I see that, I about lose it! Also the scene while waiting for the plane, when John Candy and Steve Martin aknowledge their previous encounter with the cab downtown!! What are your favorite scenes? MikeMc
Mike M.
on 4/4/04 12:56 am - East Lyme, CT
Also, when Del and Neil meet up with Owen, the guy with the pick-up truck. Always gets me rollin! Mike Mc
blank first name B.
on 4/7/04 9:51 pm
I can't really put my finger on one specific scene but I think the movie "Big MAMA's house " Oh wait, I remember! When Martin Lawerence was dressed as Big Mama he put duck tape on his neck to cover up the split in his mask. It's so funny. It makes me laugh every time. I also liked "the Nutty Professor I". I like the way Eddie Murphy portrayed diffent people at the Dinner Table. This was fun, let's do it again. Tonya
Mike M.
on 4/8/04 10:15 am - East Lyme, CT
Oh man, no doubt!! Especially the scene when Sherman brings Carla home to dinner with the family! That part when all the gas passing happens makes me bust such a gut!! And just the general obnoxiousness of the "Buddy Love" character. Yes let's keep this going! The barbershop scene in "Coming To America" with Eddie and Arsenio? as old time guys debating Joe Lewis and Rocky Marciano, it was great! Continue! MikeeMc
nitengale
on 8/31/04 5:57 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite comedy. When Art is in the attic watching the old home movies and they pull the ladder and the down he goes and then the cat getting electrocuted and the crazy aunt yelling out "play ball"... I just laugh out loud in so many scenes from that movie...
Mike M.
on 9/1/04 4:38 am - East Lyme, CT
Hi Wanda, received your e-mail. I liked the original "Vacation" much more. One scene that is my favorite; Clark is attempting to act cool (trying to impress Christie Brinkley) eating a sandwich, he takes a bite just as Ellen says the dog (aunt Edna's) pee'ed in the sandwiches!! Of course he tries to recover best he can. Don't know if Christie was impressed....... One more: Clark is trying his best to be nice to Ellens relatives. They sit down for lunch to "hamburgers" Ed says, I don't know why they call it hamburger helper, it taste good all by it self! And then Clark attempts to put this nasty ketchup looking stuff on his "burger" and says "uh, real tomatoe ketchup Eddie?" "nothing but the best Clark!" John Candy had only a small role at the end, as the security guard at Wally World, but the movie would have been much different without him. This is fun, more of this please.... Mikeeeeeeee
nitengale
on 9/1/04 3:17 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I was having a brain fart last night when I typed that reply... I knew his name was Clark... anyway, that scene with him and the sandwich is too funny.. his tongue and the bologna (or baloney) are a hoot in that scene... and then when they put Edna on the roof!!!! OMG... And John Candy... that scene was made just for him!!! Do you watch any stand up? Wanda
JeannieGoodmon
on 10/18/04 11:28 am - MODESTO, CA
Wanda, I made that movie my official Christmas must see every Christmas movie, or its not Christmas. I love that movie so much, I asked my son one year that all I wanted for Christmas from him & his wife was the movie "Christmas Vacation". So he found it for me & gave it to me about 3 years ago, now if I miss it on t.v. , all I have to do is shove it into the vcr, dont have it on dvd yet,d@mn that will be next! LOL Jeannie
nitengale
on 10/18/04 3:17 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Hi Jeannie, Yeah, its just not Christmas with out Christmas Vacation. I star****ching it after Halloween and by New Year's I have seen it at least twice if not 3 times. I have it on VHS and DVD. You gotta love Clark... he does try!!!
bluesky
on 9/5/04 1:26 pm - Springfield, OR
Hey Mike, I have one for you. "Dumb & Dumber" the part when Harry(Jeff Daniels) is at the home of Mary Swanson(Lauren Holly), and he has to make a emergency bathroom run,because Lloyd (Jim Carrey) had poured alot of laxative in his coffee before he left for Mary's house. So Harry gets into the bathroom and sits on the toliet and passes gas and "lets it go!" Mary hollers to him from the other side of the door that the toliet is broke.. Its so funny to watch Harry's expressions on his face the whole time. One of my all time fav's.. ~Jeanne -78lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Funny Endoscopy Story
Paul in Dallas · 0 replies · 947 views
Helloooo there!
Tavia V · 1 replies · 326 views
Halirous Link from "Rodney"
Bruce J. · 1 replies · 349 views