vOMITING/REGURGITATING NEED EGD WITH DILATION??

sidnich
on 10/16/08 3:46 am
bACK TO CLEAR LIQUIDS CUZ OF NAUSEA AND EMESIS.  dOC SAYS I NEED EGD WITH DILATION, BUT SINCE i PAID FOR MY SURGERY MYSELF, MY pcp WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFERRAL TO DOCTOR.    hap REFUSES TO HELP RELATED TO ALL REQUESTS FOR REFERRALS NEED TO GO THRU MY PCP.  wHAT DO i DO NOW??? i'VE NEVER RUN INTO SUCH HOSTILITY BEFORE, DR S OFFFICE IS SNARKY AND LIED TO ME ABOUT NOT NEEDING A REFERRAL, SO i SCHEDULED MY EGD FOR MONDAY, i CALLED HAP JUST TO BE SURE, THEY SAY NO, YOU NEED A REFERRAL FROM MY DOC .  HOW LONG CAN YOU LIVE ON CLEAR LIQUIDS???
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbzbrSU/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbzbrSU/weight.png">>
Butterfly Reborn
on 10/17/08 3:08 am

Because you self-paid for your surgery, you will likely have to self-pay for the EDG and the dilation.  I suspect this is why you are having trouble getting the referral.  The doctor can give a referral but has to code it.  When he codes as related to your surgery, your insurance company MAY or MAY NOT pay for it.  They may be saying that you have to or can TRY to go through your insurance company.  If they get a denial, then you can self-pay.  HOWEVER, you have the right to self-pay and then file a back claim with your insurance company.  If they pay, you will be reimbursed.

There is no reason to not go forward with the dilation (as long as you can pay).

That said, if you go through the ER, they can't turn you away.

I would not wait on this.  You can become dehydrated and find yourself in a real mess sooner rather than later.  If you don't do anything else, call the doctor(S) offices today and discuss these options with them so they can guide you.

Please let us know what happens, OK?

I have two sides to my brain - a right side and a left side.  The trouble is sometimes there is nothing left in the right side and nothing right in the left side.
Post-Op RNY 6.5 years
HW 252  GW 140 CW 140

Most Active