nausea and vomiting 6 years post op rny

cer1969
on 10/19/08 1:01 pm - dallas, TX
I have been extremely nauseated and vomiting off and on for about a month I had a CT scan and it only showed a tiny belly button hernia.  Has anyone had this happen?  My doctor wants to do a laproscopy and dig around to see wahts wrong.  i have only been at my new job 6 months so me taking off to have surgery is not a really good choice.  I started taking ginger root 2 days ago and I haven't thrown up for 2 days.  before that I could only keep down soup or mashed potatoes.  I am scared and don't know what to do.
Butterfly Reborn
on 10/21/08 2:25 am

Your doctor must suspect an internal hernia and/or bowel obstruction in order to do exploratory surgery.  If you do have a bowel obstruction, it can become fatal and quickly.  I'd go ahead with his recommendation especially if having abdominal pain (which you don't mention?) or changes in bowel movements (which you don't mention?)

I hope you feel better ASAP.  Please let us know what you decide.

I have two sides to my brain - a right side and a left side.  The trouble is sometimes there is nothing left in the right side and nothing right in the left side.
Post-Op RNY 6.5 years
HW 252  GW 140 CW 140

Most Active