nausea

spoiledrotten
on 5/20/10 6:02 am
I had nausea from the moment of my RNY then I had the reversal was o****il yesterday when it hit again! Is this normal after a reversal! I can't keep anything down! I have a salty taste in my mouth and I am wondering if that is what might be making me nauseous. At a loss waiting for the surgeon to call me back at least I go to see him in the am if all else fails!
Miss_Kitty
on 6/2/10 2:16 am - New Bedford, MA
I suffer from chronic nausea from time to time and take Compazine for it. It is prescribed from my doc and it does seem to help most of the time. They also prescribe Reglan for it, but it can come with nasty psychological side effects. Also available through your doc is a med called Zolfran, which they give to patients suffering nausea from chemo therapy.  If you can't see your doc due to insurance reasons or anything, maybe you could try Dramamine which helps with motion sickness, but could help you with your nausea. Hope this helps. You will also be in my prayers. Take care and God bless.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

spoiledrotten
on 6/8/10 4:29 am
1.No Stricture
2.No reason

I am Just another weightloss Surgery Mystery!

I need help and I am sick of waiting for answers. I can barely drink 16oz of water per day and I eat a few saltines and then I am lucky I get those to stay down. I have diaherra to worry about along with the nausea and vomiting! they have me taking Phenegren, Zanax, Carafate, Zoloft, Zantac and Prilosec! A few of my liver enzymes are elevated and I have constant heart burn. I had a feeding tube until the reversal on 5-10-10. I dont know what else to do any suggestions!

Thorney
on 6/8/10 4:10 pm - Seattle, WA
I had my WLS in December 2005, and I have been throwing up ever since.  Some days I do well, and others I can't even get out of bed.  The fatigue is even worse.

In August 2009, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease and now have meds and a machine to help me control the nausea, and thank God it does.  I feel like a new woman and am finally able to make plans and live a fuller life.

Thorney
280/132

spoiledrotten
on 6/20/10 6:01 am
O.K here is the latest I was admitted back into the hospital on 6/18/2010 again for dehydration. This time the dehydration would not and did not show up on my blood work!  They could tell from my urine color as well as my blood pressure! They told me to be prepared to stay until they found out what was wrong! The surgeon had my regular Doctor admit me! He said that him and the other Surgeon are leaving town on Tuesday and wont be bac****il Friday for a conference!

They found a stricture, another ulcer & some other things in side the stomach! The Gastroenterologist Doctor said he does not understand why the Surgeon who did the last upper endoscopies did not see this.

He fixed it and will advise the other Doctors and the Surgeons on how to treat the ulcer so that this one heals! He did say, I will be here for a while yet! I need to heal and be able to eat solid food and keep it down! He thinks the nausea, the vomiting and the diarrhea will all be a thing of the past!

From his lips to Gods ears!

Most Active