Hello everyone, it's been a long time. Looks like a transplant for me as a result of...

jbird1972
on 4/15/14 12:25 pm - Cary, IL

Hi everyone,

I hope this finds you all in better health! My health has steadily declined. Instead of me doing a lot of copying/pasting, please read my updated blog if you have time. The short story is that my surgeon at Cleveland clinic was hoping that the gastroparesis had only knocked out my stomach and nothing else, he did the complete gastrectomy in July 2012, and I've had no improvement. I saw Dr. Kroh on April 7th when I got to Cleveland and he told me that I have end stage bowel disease and needed a transplant. My blog has more details, I'm still here having a battery of tests for the transplant team. They are thinking that I will need a stomach, intestines, and a pancreas. It's a scary step, but it also has opened up hope for me because the future was looking bleak. Thank you all, and sorry I've been away so long. Here is my email address because I'm not on here as much as I used to be [email protected]

health & happiness to all of you!

Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 11:04 am

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs and healing vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

OH2012
on 4/21/14 12:11 pm - OH

Best Wishes to you!!  I just became aware of your journey and pray for health and healing for you!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/14 9:12 am

((HUGS)) Jules.. SOOOO good to see you still post. I was thinking about you just today. Be well..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

moxy 809
on 7/23/14 3:50 pm

I am so happy to finally see a post from you.  I had been checking every few months hoping you would post an update.  I had hoped that you had been busy recovering but I see that you have been having a tough time.  Glad to hear that there is a new plan that will help you to get well again.  Best wishes for this next stage in your journey.  

swimbikerun
on 10/27/14 9:31 am

Wondering if all is well. I have gastroparesis also. Had the sleeve. Didn't turn out like I had hoped.

Changing to a new blog. Please investigate your surgeon. Ask specific questions on after care, practice philosophies, office staff, nutrition, supplements, etc.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/14 10:20 am

My goodness, you've been through so much.  Sending healing hugs and prayers your way. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/15 11:32 pm

You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Your a true fighter bless you and your family.A true inspiration! 

Most Active