Question for any who were on TPN

angelstwo
on 12/17/14 5:28 am
VSG on 10/15/14

Just started TPN thru PICC line on Friday December 12th.  My question is did you get your energy back while on it or did you remain weak and tired the entire treatment?

HW:  407; Decision Wt:  399; Consult Wt:  391;  SW:  327;  Pre-op weight loss:  72;  Post-op weight loss:  ??

tamsyc
on 2/15/15 4:43 am - Port Aransas, TX

I just came across your post. I just came home a week ago on tpn . I would love to hear how you are.

angelstwo
on 2/21/15 10:06 pm
VSG on 10/15/14

I am off the TPN now for two weeks.  I was on it for 2 months.  After about 3 weeks my energy did improve which I was happy for.  When they stopped the TPN they warned me about possible glucose/sugar level problems.  But what I wish they had warned me about was the absolute exhaustion caused by the sudden loss of energy supplied by the TPN.  The use of the TPN helped me getting through a rough time and my experience with it was not bad.  Hope everything goes well for you.

HW:  407; Decision Wt:  399; Consult Wt:  391;  SW:  327;  Pre-op weight loss:  72;  Post-op weight loss:  ??

roser13
on 3/20/17 9:31 pm - Glendale, CA

HI...Its interesting how i came across your question...I've been looking around here to see if anyone has had a small intestinal blockage problem after having weight loss surgery, i did and after being in the hospital for 2 months because i almost died...i too was sent home with TPN thru a PICC line...after they removed my small intestine i will always have loose bowels...and because i don't absorb nutrients i have no energy due to being anemic...but to answer your question....i had energy at times but may i ask why your on TPN? I am off of it and have better energy not 100% but i take whatever i can.

Most Active