Update and false alarm

angelstwo
on 1/14/15 8:05 pm
VSG on 10/15/14

I've now been on TPN for a month.  The first three weeks with clear liquids only.  I was upgraded to full liquids last Monday (1/5) but as of this Monday (1/12) when I saw the surgeon again I still am not meeting either the protein or fluid goals.  So they have decided to send me for an EGD which is this coming Monday (1/19).  Hopefully the EGD will give some answers.  I just really want to get off this TPN and on with my life and back to loosing weight.

Due to being on the TPN I have weekly blood work.  The nurse came Tuesday and drew my blood.  Yesterday (Wednesday) I got a call from the surgeons office that the blood work came back showing my potassium level was high (high normal 5 mine was 6.8).  They were thinking most likely a lab error but since it was that high and can mess with your heart they wanted me to go to the er and have it retested.  So after spending 2.5 hours at the er hooked up to a heart monitor I got the good news that it was just a lab error and my potassium level was just fine at 3.8.  Boy was I relieved.  

Misty1980
on 1/17/15 7:31 am - edwards, CA

Yay I'm glad all is well and you are ok :)

Most Active