Has anyone experienced this!?! Does anyone has info on this to share?

Newmansmommy
on 6/9/15 4:12 pm

I posted this on the revision forum; But maybe ya'll can help me out?

I had a VSG in Feb. of 2012, initially i lost 150lbs and got down to 170. I've gained about 70lbs back. I attributed this weight gain my diet. Recently i decided that my continuing failed attempts to keep off the weight i.e. weigh****chers, ying-yang dieting were doing me more harm than good. I went to see two surgeons. The first told me i was a failure. When i had my preliminary appt with him he looked at me and said, if you gained that weight, whos to say you wont again" and told me to go about the procedure, continue to see the nutritionist, diet, exercise, psychiatrist.. and that we would "see". I cried that day, he made me feel like more of a failure than already do ( i am really hard on myself about this failure) I decided that i'd go see another, (better rated) doctor. I spoke to his officer staff and tech first, and answered a lot of questions, to why i failed, looking back it seemed like a test to see if my answers led them to believe that i would fail again. After the tech asked me questions, the doctor came in and asked me more questions about my original surgery. "when did i start gaining weight" "how hungry am i" "is it mental hungry" etc.. I explained to him that i was hungry from the minute after my surgery. The first two weeks of recovery were agonizing as i felt like i was starving, i was so HUNGRY. that my weight gain started as i began to eat normal foods, that my original doctor left me in the hospital covered in hives because he did not come and check up on me, and because i was taped up (i have a severe medical tape allergy) that his practice broke up, and diapered for about a year and that even though i didn't feel comfortable following up or going to see him again, i called his office about my weight gain and they told me that there was "nothing they could do". this new surgeon seemed very intrigued by my experiences and especially my hunger problem, he said he'd convert me to a bypass but first i need a endoscopy done to see what was going on, and the condition of my sleeve.

This  is what i am confused about:

The results of the endoscopy were that a "Stomach Pouch" has grown onto my sleeve and that, that is responsible for most my weight gain. When i originally went to the gastroenterology, he tried to tell me that i shouldn't get a revision. When he came to tell me the results of my endoscopy, he told me that a revision would be medically necessary and that it wan't my failure, but a medical failure. I can't for the life of me find any information about a pouch growing onto a sleeve of anyone else?! Am i the only one this has happened to!? Is this Normal!? I am meeting with the doctor again next week to set the surgery date. The gastro said My insurance has to cover the surgery because it is considered a complication and medical failure. But i just, for the life of me can't comprehend how this could happen.

Most Active