Any problems with urination after surgery?

Keisha W.
on 3/2/04 1:20 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hello, I had surgery on 1/29/04 and ever since leaving the hospital I have had problems with frequent and sometimes painful urination. I've been to the Dr.(surgeon and GYN) and both say there are no infections. But, the frequency and dark yellow urine has persisted. Could it be all the vitamins? I don't know what to do at this point. If anyone has any advice or has had this problem after surgery, please let me know. Thanks, KW
kfelker
on 3/5/04 4:22 am - Fairfield, CT
It could be the vitamins -- maybe they're too strong? Even with the Flintstones vitamins, I still have dark urine. And the frequency could just have something to do with water weight leaving your body. I had problems with urination & discharge when I got out -- they gave me antibiotics & in about 2 weeks it was gone for good. Keep bugging your doctors if it doesn't get better. Maybe they can recommend a better vitamin ... ? Kathy
Keisha W.
on 3/5/04 8:38 am - Fairfax, VA
Thank you Kathy for responding! I take the Flinstones vitamins as well, so it is very possible that they could have something to do with my symptoms. But, it seems that my frequency has subsided a little bit over the past few days but I will continue to seek medical help if it persists. Thanks again!
catleth
on 3/7/04 12:02 pm - OC, WI
I have had the opposite happen to me since surgery. I used to urinate every 1/2 -1 hour and now I hardly ever go. Of course I still go once at night, but I used to go more than that almost every night, so I get more sleep now. The other day it was 4pm and it was the first time since before i went to work at 8am that I had to go. Wierd! Your symptoms sure sound like a UTI, but if you had your urine tested and they say no, then I don't know. Maybe because you are drinking more fluids now? Hope it gets better. Cathy
Onag H.
on 3/14/04 1:08 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
Does your doctor say you have no infection BECAUSE they have done blood tests and urinalysis and found nothing? If not, either insist with them or go to the emergency room and have this done. I was running a fever 2 days after discharge from the hospital. When it finally hit 101, my surgical group pulled me into the hospital. However, I had to insist with them that I thought it was a bladder infection. When they ordered the test, this confirmed it and an early kidney infection as well. Best of luck, Gano
Most Active