Men In Corrections Also!!!

Randy Leck
on 4/6/04 4:47 pm - Toledo (Maumee), OH
Hi!! Just to let you ladies of the previous post know there are also men here that have had weight loss surgery to that work in corrections. I felt I had to speak up since I saw one of you had mentioned about no men, and it is rare to come across one on here that is in the profession. HEHE. Its great to see you ladies on here. Please feel free to drop me a line. Take care.
BullDog Lady
on 4/16/04 11:19 am - Somewhere GREAT!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Sorry Randy. Hope I was not offending.... Woman just started chating here. No man had jusmped in until you did. I know several men in Corrections that have had the WLS and moved on with there life! Speaking as for me ...I see around 3oo men a day. So that might be why I just never said anything....! Anyways....welcome Randy. Nice to hear from you. Drop me a line when you feel like it BullDog Lady
Marla S.
on 4/27/04 8:09 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Hi Randy...Ofcourse there are men in corrections and on this site. Corrections was a "good ole boy" field for so long, us women must speak up!!! Email any time! Marla
BullDog Lady
on 4/27/04 9:44 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Thank you Marla...I thought I was forgetting something there . Seems like the term "Good ol boy" still haunts us today in DOC. Becky
Marla S.
on 4/27/04 10:46 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Many years ago, me and 2 men went to Stark for a parole revocation hearing. Well one of the men happen to be black. The CO's gave him heck, empty pockets, called him "boy" the whole bit. Well needless to say he had sweet revenge a couple hears later. He was promoted to prison inspector. You guessed it, that was first prison he inspected. Man did he write them up. The heads did roll. Just a little story from the past, about 30 years ago. Marla
angela Z.
on 4/28/04 12:58 am - shamokin, PA
hi great story but i also work in corrections. but not as an officer im a nurse. now my fiacne is the corrections officer. i have the upmost respect for all of the correctional officers they are a great bunch of people this includes men and woman. I'm only 3 weeks post-op and have lost 33 lbs. I had my rny 4/6 and was back on the job 4/20. in the 2 weeks i was off i received numerous phone calls, flowers and messages being sent home with Jose asking how i was. I can honestly say hats off to you all it's a tuff job and we all do it well. fell free to e-mail me i'd like to chat. bye for now. i work in a state prison here in PA.
Marla S.
on 7/11/04 5:05 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Congrats on your loss. Bet you have lost lots more since your last post. I agree, there are some great officers, however, there are some that do not need to be working in a prison setting. Most are gone or atleast the powers that be, are seeing the light and weeding them out. Marla
JASON A.
on 7/28/04 8:45 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
I AM A MAN ALSO IN CORRECTIONS, I HAVE A SURGERY DATE ON AUG 10, THIS IS PRETTY COOL THAT THERE IS A MESSAGE BOARD FOR US
dlhelmick
on 7/30/04 12:11 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi Everyone! Worked for our sheriff's office over 3 years and I KNOW there are men in corrections who are considering WLS. Good for them, good for all of you-anything to keep you all healthy and safe . I'm working for our state crime lab now in the latent prints section. I've already had my consult with a surgeon, now I'm doing the insurance waiting game before I can get a date. Feel free to drop me a line!
nanasu05
on 11/12/04 5:25 am - Choctaw, OK
OMG Randy I only saw women on the post when I posted and you know I love to have the men around to make us women feel safe!! HONEST!! My best co-workers are men!! Yes...it takes all of us to keep the inmates inside of those walls and fences!! I am sorry if I said the wrong thing. I feel bad and I do appoligize!! Do you work in a women's or men's facility? I have only worked with women inmates, so I am green to the men and their "games" these women have so many they come up with new games to try to fool us everyday. they are manipulators for sure. Well to all who have had a lapband and work in the wonderful world of corrections I say Hello and Good Luck in your Journey. Keep posting !! for now!!
Most Active