~~Hello~~

nanasu05
on 11/10/04 5:51 pm - Choctaw, OK
Hello Ladies~~ Looks like we all have something in common~~ Inmates~~ haha~~ Yes, I too work for DOC in a women's maximum prison with 1200 approx. inmates....it is quiet a job. I worked as a CO for a few years, then to Corp. and on to Sgt. before going to Property (YUCK) and now I manage the Canteen and love that....It is quiet a different world I know you will all agree. I am really stressed too and short handed is a daily thing for our hard working Officers. That is the main reason I went on to Property and Canteen....8-5 Mon.-Fri. yes I do enjoy the hours change. I just want to say hello and I praise anyone who can work in this stressfull enviroment day in and day out~~Susan
Lance S.
on 11/12/04 4:25 am - Crescent City, CA
Well, I'm not a lady, but I will respond back anyways. I am a Sergeant at Pelican Bay State Prison in Crescent City, Ca. We house approx. 3350 of Ca. most violent offenders. I had my surgery on Nov. 5, 2003 and have dropped 125 lbs, feeling great. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people on this board, I check it occasionally and there is very few new posts. I am currently assigned to a 3rd watch (1400-2200 hours) relief job, but that's the breaks of being a newer sup. (17 months). I have worked for the Dept. of Corrections for almost 9 yrs., starting my carrer at High Dessert State Prison in Susanville, Ca. before transferring back to my home town. I have been married to my H.S. sweetheart (of 14 1/2 yrs.) for 11 1/2 yrs., and we have two children, Daughter (10) and son (5). Take care. Lance
nanasu05
on 11/12/04 5:20 am - Choctaw, OK
Thanks Lance for your post........I really enjoyed that...........and Pelican's Bay is the Prison I like to watch the documentary about on TV. It is rough I can tell there....Our max women are really not that rough, they only fight over their girlfriends and that is about it. They are smart mouth's sometime, but that is about it. Glad you like your job. STAY SAFE and Keep us up on Pelican Bay!! Susan in Oklahoma....
BullDog Lady
on 12/30/04 9:10 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Hi Susan Oh yes we have plenty in common here ~~~ hehe Inmates, where would we work without them. Such job security I tell you. I work in Florida at Jackson Work Camp in Malone Fl. It is a Facilty that is getting ready to realease its inmates back into society in the near future and it is an all male facilty---located next to our main unit. It is nice to hear from someone that agrees to the fact that Officers are more stressing than inmates I respect any woman that can put up with it of course ...either in a male or female facility. Becky
Most Active