GOURD CRAFTING & PAINTING

kathy C.
on 5/1/07 1:29 pm - Beattyville, KY
I paint gourds . I make them into birdhouses, ornaments, baskets, bowls, santas, snowmen, and about anything else you can think of. This is lots of fun and kinda unsual. The finished products are my rewards. If there is anyone else interested in this, I would like to here from you. Kathy
Cindydel
on 9/22/07 10:50 pm - ESCANABA, MI
Hi, I think this is really a neat idea... Do you grow your gourds or buy them.. and If you grow them where do you get the seeds etc.. I have been looking for gourds for a while but no one here grows them. Do you have any pictures?? I've seen them painted in magazines and they are beautiful. Do you do any other crafts??, or paint anything else?? Thanks, Cindy
kathy C.
on 6/22/08 12:10 pm - Beattyville, KY
Hi, I know a lot of time has pasted since you ansewered my post. I am very sorry, that was my first time useing the site & I actuallu forgot about it. I do grow most of my gourds. I buy my seed from seed catalogues because gourds will mix from yr to yr by savinging your seeds. By this, I mean if you have two kinds planted close one yr & you save your seed from one of them, the result could be either of the two kinds. I use to sell most of the gourds on ebay but I haven't been doing a lot of it lately. I also like to sew. I make what some call quillows. This is a large lap quilt that has a pocket on one side. (This ipocket is qreat to put your feet in.) This pocket folds to hold the quilt and makes a pretty pillow. This is great to display on a bed, or on a sofa. About all I think of now is getting WLS. I really don't know the one to choose. I am thinking about the lap band. I have sent my insurance packet in and I am waiting for their answer. Thanks, Take care and your wl is amazing!!! Kathy C.
meltingweight
on 10/30/10 6:39 am - FL
Hello Kathy.....I am also a gourd crafter and I just can not seem to get enough of it.  I work on gourds everyday. I also make birdhouses and birdfeeders.  I really enjoy painting gourds.
   Do you have any suggestions on how to paint an EASY santa face. My santa faces always look "out of balance"! 
    Would love hearing from you.   Hilary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 643 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 527 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 650 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 603 views