Christmas ornament ideas, it's coming so fast!!

Shotrod64
on 8/27/08 8:09 am - Spanaway, WA
I thought I'd share a few things I have done over the years for Christmas ornament gifts.   I used the individual pine cone petals, I guess they would be called and added pipe cleaner antlers and little bead and tiny pompom noses then added a little paint or fantasy snow on the antlers to look like snow and little wiggle eyes.   Santas using the tip of the petal as the top of the hat and the wide part I put cotton on for a beard and painted eyes and nose.   Wooden eggs painted like penguins and make little hats with tiny bells on the tips out of felt.  Really cute!   Lightbulb snowmen, penguins, santas etc using felt as hats and drilled a hole through the metal part of the bulb to string a hanger through.  On the others I folded the end of the hats over so the string went through where it was bent over.

Used that plastic canvas and cut into shapes like bells, xmas trees etc and cut those tri beads and glued to the tips of the tree for lights and lace around the bells.  Also glues the pine cone things to the center of dif shapes. 

Using string wrapped around and around a balloon and coated with watered down glue.  Let it dry then pop the balloon.  You have a string ball that you can put 2 sizes together and embellish to be snowmen or santas or you can cut a hole in the side and make minature sceneries inside them. 

Old CDs you can use a dremel type tool to cut just the bottom inch or so off then glue together to create a shelf.  Put fake snow on the "shelf" then ad little deer, trees or trains to it.  Use pine type pipe cleaners around the edges with tiny xmas lights or beads to appear like lights.  Use some kind of gel type glue as hot glue only sticks til it cools off and then all the stuff falls off! 

The dremel works best as it kind of melts the plastic some to seal the edges so that the metalic coating stays on good.     Not sure how to add pics here yet.  I have some pics that are rather poor as it was the begining of the digital camera age but if I figure out the picture part I'll post some so you can get an idea what I'm blabbering on about. :)
  That's if I can find the pics!!!
  Deb  
Sue R.
on 10/9/08 12:15 am - Rockaway, NJ
Ideas sound awesome.  Hope you are able to find pics, would like to make some of what you describe.  I am better with a picture, though.  E-mail pics if you should find them.  thanks.
[email protected]
Sue
Psalm 34:1
May 19, 2008; The beginning of a new life

Shotrod64
on 10/10/08 4:39 am - Spanaway, WA
I will have to go through my other CDs and find them. The one CD I know they were on has a huge scrape on it and doesn't work. errrrr
But in the mean time, here's a link with some trash to crafts you can check out that I have used also.

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/craftsbyproduct/a/trashcrafts.htm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 641 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 525 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 649 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 600 views