Quilting Anyone?

debilc
on 10/19/08 2:34 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
I justi love to quilt.  Keepmy mind off eating.  I live at the quilt shop.  Just wondering.  Debi
A bad day Quilting is better than a good day at work. 
Besides Quilting has no calories no fat no icky taste. 
Start Weight 207 SW 172 CW140 GW 115

Leah P.
on 10/29/08 1:13 am - Indianapolis, IN
I have a machine just sitting here that my Husband bought me.  I am brand new to sewing and quilting.  I don't know where to begin.  My machine is a Bernina.  There is a local shop here that has classes and lessons.  That is where I got my machine.  I feel stupid since I am such a beginner.
Are there any books that you would recommend for a beginner?
lindavip
on 1/29/09 1:51 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Hey!  I am a quilter for the last 35 years.  All self taught and I love to HAND quilt. Although, I wish I could afford a professional quilting machine.  Leah, I would LOVE to own a Bernina!
Linda
JoleneH
on 2/5/09 3:37 am - AZ
I'm a newbie too...to both the quilting and the sewing machine...it's quite intimidating.  I have one mini quilt that I am almost done with and I have started the top to another.  Sunday I go hang out with some of my husband's cousins and they are going to show me how do bind the mini quilt. 

Applique looks like fun.  I wanna try that in the near future!
granny52
on 3/24/09 8:12 am - Arcadia, WI
I have been quilting for about 30 years now, and have been teacing it also, I would say a book by Elenor Burns would be about the best as she really goes into detail on how to do something. Right now  I am doing a type of quilting called the otton theory, which is quilting each block first then putting it together, that way you sre not having to fight with a big quilt. 
                                                                                                                                            Sue
debilc
on 6/18/09 2:14 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Have you seen the new 830.  Tha  dt thing threads its self.  It nis huge.  I do not have a long arm I have a medium arm it is a Paff grand quilter.  It is so much fun.  I would like a HQ16 some day.  Debi

lindavip
on 6/18/09 2:37 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
I just looked up the new Bernina 830 today, after watching a Fons and Porter DVD.  WOW!  I want one!  BUT the price tag is beyond my budget (12,000 I am told!)  I guess if I could win the lottery, then it would be near the top of my list!

24 lbs lost prior to surgery
debilc
on 6/19/09 3:52 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
A gal at our quilt store just went and bought one and all the accessorys she said that her credit card was screaming.  Her saying is Monkey see Monkey want.  She bought the extra hoops wow.  Can you believe it she got the machine for a little over $9,000 but with all the things she bought with it she paid far more.  Wouldn't that be nice.  Not me what I paid for my Viking SE was enough.  Keep on dreaming.  Hugs Debi

lindavip
on 6/19/09 8:11 pm, edited 6/19/09 8:14 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
WOW.  Your friend got a deal.  Do you like your Viking?  What does the Viking SE run?  Any deals there?  I am dreaming of a new machine.  I have a little Janome Gem and have made dozens of quilts on it.  I do mostly hand quilting though.

24 lbs lost prior to surgery
debilc
on 6/20/09 10:33 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I love my Viking it is a regular sewing machine and its special feature it is a embroidery machine.  It also can do some quilting.  I just found out it has a table for quilting it will be along time until I get the that table at $1200.  But I love the machine it is very smooth and quiet.  It sews like a dream.   Have you seen the Viking Diamond it is like that except mine is the last model. 
Hugs Debi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 643 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 527 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 650 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 603 views