HI FOLKS! I am a copper enamilst and hot glass artist

empowered
on 1/20/06 2:32 pm - Arcata, CA
My hame is Kelley. I am a copper enamel artist and hot glass artist. I create small and large pieces of jewelery and light switches. I am a pre op still looking for the right surgeon and situation that will work for me. I am looking at going to Pasadena California for my surgery. Where I live there are no sergons or hospitals that do the surgery. I also run a non profit for artists and have a web site that is dedicated to empowering crafts persons with disabilities or limitations. Anyhoo I was wondering if there was anyone else is into glass arts? I would love to connect with people who have been down the road that I am to embark on. I find that awaiting surgery , the quest for a sergon , the hoops are very stressful and in many cases leave me feeling like there is no hope. I ahve been told in some cases that hospitals will not touch anyone over 350 pounds.... and in other cases if they will they either want me to loose 50 to 150 pounds first. Golly if I could do that... why would I ever let someone rearrange my internal plumbing? Ok so thats me.. artist, writer, grantwriter, human being... I know Im in my body somwhere. Kelley
Faith
on 1/25/06 4:42 pm - sunny, CA
HI Kelley! I am from California too... you might check out the state message board. The main reason your post caught my attention is the fact that you do copper enameling... interesting. I just started to learn silversmithing and copper work mostly jewelry... ( self taught by books etc).. very new. But I love creating. I so interested in learning fused glass too! It sounds like you are very active and involved in the creative side. I am a post op, 1 year 4 mos out from surgery. If you would like to ask me anything ..don't hesitate to email me through here. Hope we can chat more about your craft too! Faith
Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 643 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 527 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 650 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 603 views