Recent Posts

PaintedKitten
on 1/17/13 5:50 am - Bristol, CT
RNY on 02/14/13
Topic: RE: Scrapbookers!! Ideas wanted!!!!

I'm planning to scrapbook my journey too - I'll post as I create!  Here is the first one I've done:

http://www.journella.com/storyboard/fullview/id/10372/Other- I've-Got-a-Secret

Nancy

PaintedKitten
on 1/17/13 5:47 am - Bristol, CT
RNY on 02/14/13
Topic: RE: Scrapbooking and card making

You'll have to post it - I'd love to see it!

Nancy

PaintedKitten
on 1/17/13 5:46 am - Bristol, CT
RNY on 02/14/13

Hi everyone - I'm a scrapbooker and card-maker too and am planning on scrapbooking my journey.  I just ordered one of the new Bo Bunny notebooks just for the project! I'm planning to use one of the more Smash-type albums rather than standard scrapbooking so I can include things easily like doctor's reports, and other stuff.

Here is the first page about my decsion that I did as one of the assigments I had for a design team I am on:

http://www.journella.com/storyboard/fullview/id/10372/Other- I've-Got-a-Secret

Let's share our creations about our journeys!!

Nancy

PaintedKitten
on 1/17/13 5:40 am - Bristol, CT
RNY on 02/14/13
Topic: RE: Yarn yarn yarn!

I'm mostly a crocheter, but I do a little knitting. I've always hoarded large-size pattens and now I've been looking through all my other patterns and thinking to myself - one day, in the not-too-distant future, I'll be able to make one of these for ME!   It's nice to know others out here that enjoy yarn crafts. I also enjoy working with thread and want to learn tatting.

Nancy

PaintedKitten
on 1/17/13 5:37 am - Bristol, CT
RNY on 02/14/13
Topic: RE: Does anyone have.....

There are bunches of free afghan patterns on the internet!  Just Google "free afghan patterns!"  I do it all the time and have found all kinds of nice patterns.  Also cat toys!  :)

Nancy

jd92151
on 10/23/12 11:46 pm - IL
Hi Phoebe....I am Jamie.  I am just beginning my bariatric surgery journey.  I am going to need some friends through this website because I don't think I am going to have a lot of support from my husband.  He says "why can't you just lose the weight?" 
I, too am a scrapper.....I just don't do it as often as I might like!  I am in the process of working on scrapbook for the little girl that i babysit.  i am doing her first year of life.  I think i worry too much about the lay out of the page.  i obsess over the layout WAY TOO LONG!!  Card making is also a love of mine.  Have you joined pinterest?  There are so many darling cards there.....lots of great ideas.
jd92151
on 10/23/12 11:42 pm - IL
Hi!  I am just beginning my bariatric surgery journey.  I live in Peoria....where is Matteson?  How are you doing with your weight loss?  Are you glad that you did it?  Have you been able to keep it off?  I am not going to have much support so I am doing this on my own.  My husband doesn't think I should have the surgery....he thinks that I should "just lose the weight." 
jd92151
on 10/23/12 11:37 pm - IL
I totally know what you are talking about!  I would love to be able to spend hours scrapbooking, but I, too, get paralyzed.  i DO have a cricut but, I really haven't figured out everything it can do.  that too takes time, i guess!  I have even considering  becoming a stampin up rep just so I can get ideas and learn new techniques. 
DebsGiz
on 12/11/11 12:24 pm, edited 12/11/11 12:25 am - FL
Topic: RE: Quilting Anyone?

Hi Deb,

I also have the Viking SE abd love it, though it still intimidates the heck out of me.

I also bought the table I think you're talking about and it's awesome. It folds up nice and compact, but when you begin setting it up, which is a breeze, it provides a pretty large surface.
Terri Ott Norris
on 11/20/11 2:56 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17
Topic: RE: Beading and Jewelry making anyone?
I have been doing my jewelry for about 2 years now.  I LOVE IT!! 
It is so relaxing, it is like painting but with beads. 

Look foward to getting/sharing ideas with everyone!!

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 643 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 527 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 650 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 602 views