Belly dancing post op?

miztex
on 1/26/05 7:59 am - Pharr, TX
Hi all, I had my surgery on 1/19/05. I used to be a semi professional belly dancer in my 20's. Then I stopped dancing,had babies, and kept eating all that great middle eastern food. You figure it out. Yup. Balloon city. Well.....NOW THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE!!!! I may not dance bare belly again(too many scars) but I will dance modestly covered with a tummy veil. I loved it, it made me feel sexy, and I had great posture and carriage while I was active. I felt like a woman. Would love to hear from any others who were or want to be belly dancers; especially in Texas. Lou Ann Gramann
6gems
on 1/29/05 10:14 am - AL
WOW!!! I'd love to learn to belly dance - I took 3 classes a few years back when I lived in Alabama & quit because I was so very self conscious b/c I was like a size 22 & all the other girls in the class were like a size 4. With the traffic here, the class needs to be nearby. I checked some local dance schools, but they are Jazz/tap/clasical & so on...no bellydance. There are classes here in Atlanta but none close enough for me to get into. If you know of anyone in Northern Atlanta teaching belly dance classes - please pass along the info. I have DVDs but its not the same...& boy do I REALLY want to attend a class!!!
Jonnelle
on 9/19/08 1:31 am - TN
There are a number of teachers in Atlanta - these dancers I've met:

Amani Jabril (who I know personally and is awesome)
Sha'ni
Sophia Nur ([email protected])

For a more comprehensive list, go to shira's site.

I hope you can find a class!

Jonnelle

misha
on 2/1/05 4:09 am - peoria, IL
I have been dancing for a little over a year now, and I love it! One thing I love about my class is that my teacher is a BBW, and we are of all shapes, ages and sizes. There is nothing that makes you feel more feminine or sexy. I will do it until the day I die!
KristinO
on 6/20/06 11:53 am - Fredonia, WI
I started Belly dancing about 2 months ago. I've lost 5 inches already (no lbs-I think I'm gaining muscle) But I love it. I never felt sexy in my life. now I do! Doc. says it's very good exercise. My answer to the scar situation- Henna tattoos. They work great to cover-up scars and are not permanent (last a week or so). See you on the dance floor!
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to Forum~Belly Dancing
lv2beasahm · 2 replies · 766 views
Love to go dancing!!!
heidi123 · 0 replies · 376 views
New to Belly dancing!
KristinO · 3 replies · 592 views