Hello

Lance S.
on 1/12/04 3:44 pm - Crescent City, CA
It's awfully quiet in here, isn't there any deer hunters around this place.
neil
on 1/25/04 4:10 am - Homestead, FL
hi my name is Neil i live in homestead and i been a deer hunter sense i was 12years,its real hard the last few years to find a good place to hunt without spending alot of money,the last few years i been haveing lots of medical problams now im trying to have the bypase surgery,i havent got a deer in two years and its killing me
Brenda S
on 3/8/04 11:04 am - Lancaster, PA
Yes, at least a few of us hunt. I started hunting again when I got re-married. I hunted with my father as a kid, on my own until I married the ex, and have hunted 3 years with my current hubby. I've gotten 10 dear and 2 antelope in 14 years of hunting. My this years deer is at the taxidermist. I know alot of men do not want to talk to female hunters, but if you do I'll chat. I also enjoy shooting (learned how at age 5 and have been doing it since), pistol is my favorite. Good luck. brenda
pjmann109k
on 8/30/04 9:53 am - Montello, WI
Lance, I know this is an old post but I hope you read this. I am a huge deer hunter. Actually I hunt every thing from Ducks to Deer and every thing inbetween. I have the privillege of hunting 900 acres of rolling wooded hills in Central Wisconsin. I have killed over 20 deer including 9 bucks with the largest being last rifle season. I was hunting Thanksgiving day by myself because the Packers were playing and it was windy and raining. I went out to my usual spot about 12:30 in the afternoon. As I sat in my blind I thought to myself how nice it would be to be at home not soaked and wathching the Game with my hunting partner (AKA my Dad). I was frozen soaked to the bone and saying to myself what a joke I should have listened and stayed home. I had sat there for about 2 hours when a small buck kind of galloped by me. Then doupled back and disappeared over the valley next to my blind. In the intrest of keeping warm and semi dry I decided to stay put for a while. Then all of a sudden a doe ran by me full tilt. That same small buck was chasing her Mercifully. Then all of a sudden I heard a deep grunt that stopped that little buck in it's tracks. The doe ran off and the little buck seemed frozen in time. What seemed like an eternity passed and then the buck trotted off into the valley again. I got down from my stand against my better judgement and started to work my way through the trees tward the valley. I got to the ridge and saw that little buck he was breathing heavy and looking nervous I thought for sure he spotted me so I froze behind a tree. Then all of a sudden comming from the next ridge over was the biggest buck I have seen in our neck of the woods. Looking right at the smaller buck with vengence in his eyes. I aimed my .270 placing the cross hairs in the middle of his huge neck and fired. He went down instantly. The little buck ran off and as my heart slowed down I walked the 80 yards to where he laid and saw he was the biggest buck I have ever shot. It turned out the buck was heavy at the bases 10 points 19 inches inside spread and 220 pounds feild dressed. I wont be hunting this year because of my surgery on Sept. 9, 2004. But next year I will have a new hunting parnter my oldest son will be joining the ranks of hunter. If any one else has stories of past hunts please share. Pj Manning
Lance S.
on 9/10/04 1:59 am - Crescent City, CA
Okay, heres the story of my first buck. I have hunted deer since I was legally eligible to (12 yrs old (1986)). I had never seen a legal (live) buck with my rifle or bow in my hands, We moved to N Cal. in 1990 and I started hunting Blacktail deer, everyone I talked to informed me that B Tails are one of the hardest deer to hunt, so I was satrting to get flustered. I hunted 9 seasons without seeing a legal buck. In 1995 I went for the opening weekend of the hunt, that Sat. I saw a doe and two fawns and that was it. The next day I was sitting over an old clearcut that had burned about 15 yrs prior, when I spotted what appeared to be a deers buttocks. I threw my Binos up and confirmed thats what it was. I sat there for what felt like forever waiting for the deer to raise it's head. About 3 mins after I spotted the deer, my buddy came up to where I was at and asked if I had seen anything, well, the deer heard him and lifted his head. I could tell from the distance apart ( laser range finder later 318 yds) he was legal (forked horn on atleast one side). I placed my crosshairs on the top of the shoulders and pulled the trigger, he dropped. When I finally found him in the brush that looked 2 feet tall and was actually about 7 feet tall, I was extremely happy to find a heavy horned 4X4 without eye guards, and an inside spread of 19 1/4 inches. Now for you guys/gals that don't know much about Blackies, this is a big Blacktail buck. http://www.blacktailcountry.com/finalgraphics/scrib2b.jpg
Most Active
Recent Topics
2003 Rifle Season Story!!!
pjmann109k · 2 replies · 383 views
Lets trade!
Roger K. · 1 replies · 273 views
Hello
Lance S. · 4 replies · 512 views