Glucose & BMI questions

innerme2be
on 6/20/12 1:18 am
I am in the early stages of getting approval. And I am borderline for their acceptance limits. 40 BMI or 35 with a co-morbidity. ( Luckly, at this point i do not have heart disease or high blood pressure. Unsure of sleep apnea)

I believe I am considered pre-diabetic.  Before I got good insurance my doctor gave me an at home test to check levels off the books. 

waking 102
1 hour after eating english muffin 190
2 hour after eating 156

I understand this is just under the official "diabetic range".  I need help.  For my 5'6" size my waist is 46".  I am 46 year oild female and can't seem to get the scale to budge.  I'm hoping this surgery help but I don't want to wait another x amount of years for my health to continue to deteriorate like my mother and grandmother (who were not overweight).

My question is how can I get the highest readings possible for the official glucose test? 

also, when I look up BMI charts there was a chart that took into account my waist size which made my
BMI much higher.  When getting pre-approval do they use the standard BMI one size fits all chart or do they take into account female and where fat is being stored?

any help would be appreciated.

funkyphillygirl
on 6/25/12 3:32 am
I would run these questions/issues by your health care team. 

Best of luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 157 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 484 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 825 views