Insulinoma

anm1230
on 8/3/12 12:43 pm
 I haven't had surgery yet just had my second of three appointments I've lost 7lbs this past month.

Visited my pcp this week my sugar drops a lot even down as low as 40-44....he's worried that I may have insulinoma (tumor on the pancreas that produced too much insulin) - 

Anyone have experience with this? He asked me
To come to his office after fasting and wait for it to drop or either he will admit me to the hospital for up to three days. 
This has big a big issue I have discussed with my surgeon and nutritionist - after surgery I won't be able to eat much and I eat a lot d carbs now to keep my sugar up. (I lose vision, talk as ifnim drink, and jabber severe migraines when it drops that low)

anm1230
on 8/3/12 12:59 pm
 Sorry for all the typos I'm on my iphone
funkyphillygirl
on 8/6/12 3:47 am
I do not have experience with this and haven't read anyone on here who has.  However, I think we have all learned a lot from each other, so I'd be very interested in what you learn?  Please keep us updated and congrats on making it this far in your decision making!
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/13/12 9:59 am
Then you may consider restrictive only surgery - VSG - sleeve.
That may be the best option for you.

I did not have problem with sugar - carbs before RNY - post op - RNY - most likely my body makes too much insulin as a response to carbs - almost ant carbs. So I avoid them. Very low carbs work for me.  The only way I can control it now is to avoid carbs - very low carb diet and only some carbs - special (like some veggies, nuts)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 157 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 484 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 825 views