HELP protein milk

Kathleen T.
on 11/22/12 3:20 am

Diabetic how are you doing with protein milks and high sugar intake from it.  The bottle and boxes says 0 sugar but there or other sugar.  It make me crash and burn.  I just fall in the bed and goes to sleep and sweat like crazy make me feel like burfing.  I have my own burf bucket.  What are you'll doing to get protein intake. I'm looking at surgery and can't get enough proteins in. I'm six years out and gets getting worst.

"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
H.A.L.A B.
on 11/22/12 9:37 pm
I don't have diabetes but I have reactive hypoglycemia. OK don't drink milk. Or use normal yogurt. I can have some full fat Greek yogurt and I usually add proteins to mine.
I use unsweet almond or coconut milk - maybe 1/2 cup and add water to mix with my proteins. Or use jus****er. I learn that I need fat with my proteins or I may crash as any way. I use whey isolate.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathleen T.
on 11/23/12 5:09 am

Thanks a million I'll try just about anything at this minute.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Hope Christmas be Fanastics.

"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
Paula_22
on 3/29/13 4:40 pm

It is recommended that protein intake account for 15 to 20% of total daily calories consumed for the general population as well as for those with diabetes.
Why only milk! There are other sources of protein recommended for diabetic patient as black beans, pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, vegetarian baked beans, lentils and hummus made from chick peas, fish etc. Other great options include soy products such as soy milk, tofu, tempeh, edamame and soy-based meat substitutes such as meatless chicken nuggets and veggie burgers. A variety of nuts and nut spreads such as peanut butter and almond butter also make healthy protein sources for persons with diabetes.

Julie J.
on 4/26/13 2:41 pm - NV

Almond milk is a great subsitute for cows milk and it does not have the lactose milk sugar in it. Lower in carbs and calories than cows milk.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 487 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views