Blood Sugar Crash on the Liver Diet

None Nope
on 6/23/13 11:14 pm
RNY on 07/01/13

Yesterday was my first day on the full liquids only of the liver diet. All went well until about 1:30 this morning when I woke up in a cold sweat and as hungry as a bear. I my blood sugar was 58 at the time, so I ate two spoon fulls of peanut butter and went back to bed.

Today I have decided to cut back on my insulin and check my levels more often. I am hoping that it wont happen again because I'd really hate for it to hinder my diet.

Did anyone else experience some similar issues or have any advice? 

Height: 5'9.5"    HW:   280    SW:   264   CW:  203    GW:   150 

mokee
on 6/26/13 8:15 am - OH

When I was on the liquid diet I did not have many carbs at all.   I cut way back on my insulin.  I worked very closely with my endo at this time and all the way thru the first 2 months after surgery.   She could almost pin point how much I would need.  Always good to be going to a good endo.

VSG  12-28-2012

mickeymantle
on 8/18/13 3:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I was told to eat 1/2 a fruit if I got a headache or low blood sugar , stopped taking my byetta and watched my blood sugar extra carefully , my insulin stayed the same (slow acting) till my clear liquid I stopped taking it then and never used any since

talk to you surgeon  and / or endocrinologist

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 487 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views