Predisone

ebonymc
on 2/5/17 8:01 am

Hello friends,  No one seems to be posting here. I am still considering having the sleeve in hopes of lowering my A1C levels and to stop/slow down the progression of this condition. I started having pain running up and down my left side from the hips down. Dr. said maybe sciatic nerve but think its stemming from my lower back. I was put on prednisone yesterday to use for one week. Have anyone done this before? If so, did you gain any weight during that time and did it help at all? 

Deanna798
on 2/21/17 7:15 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Before I had surgery, I was having some serious issues with swelling and hives.  I was already struggling to get my sugars down, so my doctor was very hesitant to prescribe prednisone to help.  He gave me 7 pills but told me not to take them all right in a row, but to space them out when I really, really needed them.

As you probably know, prednisone can drastically raise blood sugar and can be very dangerous for someone who has diabetes.  I would only take it in the case where nothing else will work and the benefits outweigh the risks.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

ebonymc
on 2/21/17 6:00 pm
On February 21, 2017 at 3:15 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

Before I had surgery, I was having some serious issues with swelling and hives.  I was already struggling to get my sugars down, so my doctor was very hesitant to prescribe prednisone to help.  He gave me 7 pills but told me not to take them all right in a row, but to space them out when I really, really needed them.

As you probably know, prednisone can drastically raise blood sugar and can be very dangerous for someone who has diabetes.  I would only take it in the case where nothing else will work and the benefits outweigh the risks.

Yes, they did tell me to watch my B/S and they did become a lot higher but it was to be expected. I'm happy that I've been off for more than a week now. I'm feeling better in my hips and thighs but still just a little sore at times in my left thigh. B/S went back to the usual high but hopefully it will be a lot less after having surgery which is my main reason for getting sleeved.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 157 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 484 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 825 views