Blood Glucose drops

Robin J.
on 3/4/04 9:50 am - Rock Hill, SC
I am a diabetic, my surgery will be 3/16/04. I take Actos and 75/25 twice a day. After surgery I will be doing sliding scale insulin. My question, and a fear is what do I do if my blood glucose drops? I am prone to pretty drastic drops in my level, but am able to come back by taking juice and milk. For the first couple of months after surgery, until my body gets used the surgery how do I manage drops in my glucose level? Has anyone had experience with this? Robin Jarvis
tweety
on 3/4/04 4:34 pm - palm coast, FL
dear robin--i have the same concern--i take 2000mg of glugophage and 160/60 per day--my surgery is march 18--my doctor said in the beginning i will have to test my sugar 4-6 times a day--if i find out more i will let you know--best wishes!
Dana S.
on 3/5/04 12:05 am - Lakeport, ca
they make a glucose salution you can put underyour tounge............but i don't thing you will have many problems after the surgery
boemary
on 3/10/04 3:55 am - Ocala, FL
well i know i will be taking my blood sugar levils more often just so i dont bottom out, the problem i am worried about is what if it drops very low after the first few days home what will we do to bring it back up and also, what happens to us if we use the sugar to regulate the insuline and we DUMP! not a good thing...i guess we will just have to keep a closer eye on it from now on, untill the doc gives the ok to stop all diabetic meds compleatly...best of luck everyone on your wls...God bless ~Mary~
nefish
on 3/11/04 10:38 pm - Rockport, TX
I had my surgery on Feb 4th I went into the hospital taking 2 insulin shots of 72/25, 45 mgs actos and 2000 mg per day of glucophage, when I left the hospital I had no more need for the insulin and was cut to 1000mg of glucophage and no actos and within a week down to 500mg and when I saw my PCP yesterday he thinks my metabolism will be regulated and I should be off all diabetes medicine with in the next month. Good Luck and you will be surprise that within 3 days you see a mjor difference in your blood sugars. I did have to test more often the first 3 weeks after surgery so check with your Dr in case you need to stock up on extra supplies. Nancy
momof 3
on 3/23/04 9:27 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI
Hi All Im Newbie and i just went to see my surgen the other day(Ihavent had my surgey yet)soon though cant wait..lol But anyways i asked him about my suger dropping and he told me i can have juice(witch what brings mine up faster) but it has to be 100% juice,like juicy juice,and from what he was saying My low blood surgar is not curable with the surgery.I was hopeing it would be but its not im kinda sad about that i hate when mine dropps i get so sick.I hope this helps and good luck....Cristina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 147 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 475 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 816 views