Type 2 & behind on WL. Info needed

Margaret T.
on 3/23/04 1:02 am - Helena, Al
I'm writing for my sister who had who had RNY Gastric Bypass 8 weeks ago today. She has followed all the rules but is still 10 #s behind schedule on the amount she should have lost by now per our Dr. I had the surgery 6 months ago and she is 10 #s behind what I was at 8 weeks out. We had the same BMI going in and I know for a fact she is doing eveything possible, exercise, water, foods etc. Of course she is concerned and she and the Dr. went over all possibilities last week. She is still on one of her diabeties meds so he told her to see her Primary Physician, that she maybe able to come off more meds and the diabete's med may be working against her. Can anyone identify with this? We need your input please!!! Maggie
nefish
on 3/23/04 5:54 am - Rockport, TX
Maggie, I had my surgery on Feb 4th and some of the diabetes medicine I was on was working against me those first few weeks. My Dr had changed me from glucophage to avandia when I went back to glucophage the lbs started to come off a side affect of avandia is weight gain I don't know what your sister is on but she should check out all her meds because some are not weight nuetral. I went into surgery on 45 mgs of actos, 2000 mgs of glucophage and 2 shots of insulin a day I was off the insulin and actos as soon as I had surgery and have now gotten down to only 500mgs of glucophage and PCP thinks I should be off that in about another month. Glucophage comes in liquid for better absorption it is called Riomet and no 2 people will lose at the same rate. Good Luck to both of you, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 157 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 484 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 828 views