Type 1 diabetic studies

Carol-from-NJ
on 7/28/04 11:23 pm - River Edge, NJ
Hi. I would like to hear from other type 1 diabetics who have had gastric bypass surgery. I had serious complications the first 6 weeks and now my diabetiologist etc. think that it was due to the carb. restrictive diet, that my body was going into starvation mode which threw everything out of whack. I could not even keep sips of fluid down, I was very ,very, sick. There are numerous studies on type 2 diabetics having these surgeries but I am unable to find any on the effects on a type 1 diabetic. Please, I need to hear your stories if you are a type 1, somehow we need to get the medical community involved with this because we have very different requirements and physiology than a type 2 diabetic. I thank you for your anticipated responses. Most sincerely, Carol
Michelle L.
on 8/10/04 2:41 am - Waltham, MA
Hi Carol, I have type 1 diabetes and had gastric bypass about 10 weeks ago. I also went through about five weeks of DKA and was very sick. I agree that the medical community should get off their butts and do some Type 1 research. Michelle [email protected]
Michelle L.
on 8/10/04 2:41 am - Waltham, MA
Hi Carol, I have type 1 diabetes and had gastric bypass about 10 weeks ago. I also went through about five weeks of DKA and was very sick. I agree that the medical community should get off their butts and do some Type 1 research. Michelle [email protected]
MADDY61
on 7/8/07 9:22 am
HI I AM FROM NJ ALSO. I HOPE YOU AE FEELING BETTER. I AM DOING  FOR LAP BAND AND I AN SCARED  NO ONE HAS TOLD ME HOW  TO AJUST MY INSULIN WITH SOME MUCH LESS FOOD. IF I AM ONY DRING LIGUIDS HOW MUCH INSULIN DO I TAKE? MADELANE
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 154 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 482 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 822 views