Surgery 8/24

Pamela V.
on 8/21/04 3:11 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi all: I'm new to this forum--usually hang out on the Oregon Board and the Over 50 board. Anyway, I'm a Type II with uncontrolled sugars. My A1c is 8.7--I found out about this surgery and wanted to have it right away. I am maxed out on Gluphage and Glucotrol and taking 4 mg of Avandia (I really hate that medicine). Anyway, I am praying that I come off these meds. I think they aren't helping me and the next step is/was insulin. I have read a lot of your stories and it sounds like I have a very good chance of success. I must admit, though, that I am very nervous today. My surgery is on the 24th at 10:30 a.m. I don't want to be terrified, but I am. I'm terrified of failure--of my diabetes being just as bad. You folks have helped me tremendously by my being able to read your stories. Please keep me in your thoughts and if your of the praying persuasion I would appreciate that too. Thanks and hugs to all. Pam
JaniceEstel
on 8/22/04 8:18 am - Medford, WI
Hi Pam, I'm usually lurking over on OFF, too. I'm a type II, been for a lot of years. I take insulin, 2 kinds. I talking to 'second opinion' surgeon Tuesday. He said the surgery really helps diabetes. From what he said I'd bet you'd be off meds in no time. He figured I'd be helped tremendously, too. My last-last A1c was 8.5, so mine from Tues. at 6.7 left me speechless. I guess my main surgeon doesn't like to do anybody much over 7. Good luck on the 24th. I'll be thinking about you, all good thoughts. Best, Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 487 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views