Confused please help !!!!

Julie D.
on 9/9/04 11:47 pm - Eau Claire, WI
I am having my surgery 9/21 and I was diagnoised with diabetes this last April which is the main reason I am having this surgery hoping to beable to get off my meds - not to mention achieve a healthy weight. But last night on the main message board I had read a couple posts saying that diabetics have a tough time post op due to digestive problems and don't seem to lost the weight as fast as others. Is this true?
gfruit G.
on 9/12/04 8:24 am - San Francisco, CA
The one problem that I do know that diabetic have is what they eat afterwards. I can not seem to stomach any kind of sugar at all. I even get queasy if I have too much bread and pasta. I did find a place to get really great shakes (not sugar) that were made for diabetic. www.diabeticfoodsource.com they had some great chocolate cookies as well.
Tamara R.
on 9/16/04 9:53 pm - Ft. White, Fl
Everyone is different, I went to sugery on 2 oral and 2 shots a day, plus many other meds. I left the hospital on nothing. I have trouble tolerating bread. It has to be toasted or I can't eat it, but as far as losing the weight, I went in at 260lbs, I'm now 150lbs. I will be a year out on Oct. 7th. I think I'm doing just as well as other people. You have to do this for you, and be ready for hurdles that will come, there are different ones for everyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 157 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 484 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 825 views