Do any of you have Charcot's foot?

luv2bowljen
on 10/21/04 5:19 am - Lisle, IL
My DH does NOT have diabetes, but he has a condition associated with it called "Charcot's foot" where the bones on top of his foot have disintegrated and reformed enmasse. He also has some neuropathy in his feet. I didn't even know there were any drugs for that until I read about it on this site, so we may be checking with his PCP about that next time around. He has been tested repeatedly for diabetes, because his doctor is flabbergasted that he has this without diabetes, which is apparently unheard of. The first (and only, so far) orthopedic surgeon to which he was sent said "I can't do anything for you. This is the worst case of Charcot's foot I've seen in 20 years. You must get tested for diabetes and go to another foot surgeon right away." Of course, he had already been tested, but was tested again for diabetes. His doctor is adamant that he is not even borderline. This condition is one of the primary reasons he is having surgery, at the least so he can have successful surgery on his foot/feet (it seems to be in both now, but the left is worse.) Anyway, I just wanted to get some thoughts from this board, because these are typically diabetic conditions. Thanks! Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 154 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 482 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 822 views