Type 2 and when to stop taking meds?

SherrieD
on 1/15/05 9:49 pm - Springfield, MO
Hello, I'm type 2 and had surgery 10.12.04 to help with being able to stop taking my med.'s by loosing the weight down to the point and limiting my portions at meal times, so I no longer needed to stay on the med.'s. Now my question is when and how did you stop taking your blood sugar med.'s? I check my sugars on a regular basis and stay under 100 almost all the time now. Thanks to anyone who can give me any help or information on this! Sherrie
Vivid
on 1/20/05 9:32 pm - Western, MA
Sherrie, I wouldn't advise you to stop your meds- you need to talk to your doctor about that. I had type 2 and stopped my meds the night before surgery and haven't taken any since. My Bs have been about 104 every day since. As long as they stay down, I don't need anymore meds. Good luck.
Lisa A.
on 1/30/05 5:36 am
My sugar went up to 257 or so right after surgery and they gave me some insulin. It hasn't been up since and I haven't taken any more meds. You need to make sure with your Dr. that it is ok to stop. I am 5 months out and feel great!
nerdyemt
on 3/18/06 4:29 pm - marysville, WA
Hello everyone. Im 6 days post op with the lapband feeling great. The day i went in for surg my bs was 217 they gave me some insulin. Now when i check it in the morning its down to 130-160 then at night im in the 226's. I stopped taking my metformin 2 day before surg. I have a dr appt. on monday to figure out what is the next step to control my blood sugar.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 487 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views