A1C???

Julez S.
on 3/11/05 1:50 pm - Bellflower, CA
Can someone please give me some advice. I have Diabetes Type 2 (diagnosed about 6 Months now). I just got my surgery date (April 4th) - however - I am a little worried that they might tell me that my A1C is to high - is there anything I can do within the next 2 weeks that will lower it? I am so afraid that they are going to want to re-schedule my surgery, I am determined to have it done in 3 weeks... Any advice for me? Also - I am a little confused as to why they want you to have it lower then 7 - I mean, I am overweight - of course it's going to be high??? Right????
Donna B.
on 3/12/05 12:41 pm - Pell City, AL
Julez, Hi....as far as getting your A1C down in 2 weeks, I don't think much of anything will work. The A1C is a test that tests how your blood sugars have been running in the last 3 months. So other than trying to keep your blood sugars at normal, there is really nothing else you can do about it now. If it is lower than 7, that means your blood glucose has been running close to normal range. Being overweight has nothing to do with how high it is. If your blood sugars have been running high, then your A1c will be high also. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 487 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views