Please respond type 2's

Debbie C.
on 3/25/05 3:23 am - Carrollton, GA
I am a type 2 diabetic. The surgery improved my sugar but did not make it go away, yet. I am still taking 2 mg of Amaryl 2x's a day. My question is does the sugar slow down weight loss? My sugar runs anywhere between 95-145. I've as of today only lost 40 lbs. which is very disappointing to me and my surgeon says it is much less than he normally sees in his patients. Ilost 34 lbs. before surgery. I eat low carb, and all the other things the doctor wants me to do including exercise 5-6 days a week. What gives? Debbie Losing slow
Lisa A.
on 3/27/05 1:14 pm
I was type 2, my sugar went up the night after surgery and I took a little insulin. But haven't taken any meds since. Mine has been pretty much normal. If I go too long without eating it will drop too low even. In 6 1/2 months I have lost 63lbs. That is not as much as some people but my Dr. says it could be my lower starting weight, it was 218. But it could have something to do with the fact that I was a diabetic. I don't really know, I just hope I lose at least 30 or 40 more. But anyway just be patient I think you will keep losing. Good Luck, Lisa
peolanewhope
on 4/15/05 5:04 am - Detroit, MI
Hi Debbie, I think with me it was the insulin once I stopped taking it I lost so much. You may be ready to get off the med. I my self did not eat a thing in the hopital and my blood sugars where 175-235 the surgeon gave me 8 units when my sugars high and 4 when a bit high.My sugars now run from 90-150 and I also have low sugars when I have not eaten for long peroids of time. As for now, I haven't taken any meds since and I have lost a total of 97 pounds in 5 months. If your doctor is saying you are not ready to dump the meds ask another doc. Keep up with your hard work and I hope you do well.
Sharon T.
on 5/27/05 4:03 pm - Puyallup, WA
Thank you for your information on type 2 diabetes. I think it will be very helpful to me. My surgery date is June 21st so I am quite new to this. It sounds like you are doing very well. I do have other health problems so losing the weight is important to make me healthier. WOW! 97 pounds in 5 months!! That is unbelievable. I hope I do as well. Take care. Sharon
mabeline C.
on 6/23/05 12:46 pm - red boiling spgs, TN
THAT SOUNDS SO WONDERFUL IT MAKES ME WANT TO GO AND HAVE SURGEY REALLY BAD I AM GLAD FOR YOU IT EXCITES ME THAT A WEIGHT LOSS CAN BE ACHEIVED
l0ract
on 6/2/05 4:15 pm - Seaside Heights, NJ
Before surgery, my BS averaged 300 every day. With all the pills I was taking, I was dangerously close to being put on insilin. Not a pill since surgery and I average 100 in BS every day. My pre op weight was about 320, now about 240. My surgery was Jan. 20, 05.
sheree G.
on 6/18/05 3:45 pm - westminster, CA
im hopeing to have surgury as well. i have type 2 to. i take 3 meds for it daily and still my sugar runs at a over nite fast 275! i hope when i do have the surgery i can stop takeing the meds as well . if i keep going like this the dr might put me on the needle! and id do not want that. my weight now is 275 im 5-6 . all in my tummy!!! well wish me luck!! and dgood for you and your loss!!!!sheree
PaulaCarlisle
on 8/13/05 6:54 am - Culbertson, MT
95-145 is not too terribly high. You would think that is not enough to effect your permenant weight loss. I myself had an A1c of 8.9 pre surgery and now it is down to 6.3. I was on insulin and glucophage before surgery. Now i am merely on the high dose of glucopaghe and average around 115. i had the surgery a few days shy of 2 months now. I started at a weight of 344 and am down to 289 already. It is still amazing to be able to type 289 and not be lying about my weight. I am very sorry to hear about yoru slow weight loss but i do not think it is the norm. Hope you guys can figure something out. On the bright side you have lost a total of 74 lbs. You work out 5-6 days a week you HAVE to be MUCH healthier than when you started and have to feel better about yourself!!! You have worked very hard and have made a excellent change to a much healthier life. GOOD FOR YOU!!! Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 154 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 482 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 823 views