Topic: RE: Need some advise
I've been type 1 for about 23 years. I have a series of health related issues.
- For the past 4 years I have had to be on Prednisone to be able to breath. Dr's call it asthma even though asthma meds make no difference. If I don't take Pred I can't breath. I've passed out during coughing attacks and my lungs fill with mucus. The Pred is the only things that helps. The pred is slowing killing me though and make controling blood sugar levels a challenge. Prior to taking the drug I was consistantly under 7 A1c. Since being on the meds I've never been below 7.7.. Over this time I've put on 80+ lbs (350 total).
- Finally my lung dr told me the only way to get off the drug is to loss the weight. Easy for him to say as Pred makes that virtually impossible. He suggested WLS and I'm listening.
- I've concluded that I'm going to do to sleeve in Feb 2012 but am really concerned with potential complications (have a wife and 2 young daughters)
I guess I'm posting this for a couple reasons
1) has anyone ever lost their dependance for pred following weight loss, if so how long?
2) what impact did the weight loss have on your dependance to other meds? Right now I'm on a cpap, lipator, licinipril, and zantac..
Somebody give me some good news. I really want to get control of my life again...