White Dove’s Posts

White Dove
on 11/29/16 3:19 pm
Topic: RE: Bionic Pancreas

I was stuck waiting for an appointment today and starting reading the WebMD magazine.  They had an article about a scientist whose one-year old baby had Type 1 diabetes.  That baby is going to college now and his father has developed an artificial pancreas that may be on the market by 2017 or 2018.  It is called the iLet and works with an iPhone to regulate insulin and glucose much more simply and easier than a pump.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 11/21/15 7:19 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone think I could qualify for sleeve surgery?

I started with my insurance and talked to them about their qualifications.  They required a BMI over 35 and at least two of the following:

• Arthritis
  • Sleep Apnea
  • High Blood Pressure
  • High Cholesterol
  • Type 2 Diabetes
  • Venous Stasis Disease (Collection of Blood in the Lower Limbs)
  • Soft Tissue Infections

White Dove
on 5/7/14 12:11 pm, edited 5/7/14 12:11 pm
Topic: RE: Results for RNY Type II diabetics

1. Did your Type II diabetes resolve with RNY? No

2. Was it hard and slow to lose weight after surgery? No

3. Were lows a problem for you? No

4. What is the probability that diabetes will return in you later years? 50% at five years out.

5. Do you know what BMI you were at when diabetes resolved? Never and I got down to 23 BMI

6. How long did it take to resolve your diabetes? Some people are taken off medicines in the hospital and diabetes never returns.  It is a crap shot.  A 450 pound person who is completely non-compliant with diet and exercise might resolve completely with RNY.  A person who is very compliant might never resolve.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 147 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 475 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 816 views