FLFattie’s Posts

FLFattie
on 9/14/17 12:23 pm
Topic: RE: Type 1 and I'm STARVING

Hi Terry,

Wow, you are so lucky that you didn't have to do any pre-op dieting. I've been getting barely any carbs since May, fell off the wagon a few times, but got right back on. I was scheduled to have surgery this coming October 6th and just was told this morning because I didn't comply to the 30 day pre-op diet of 30g carb/day that I would have to reschedule. I live in FL and just went through Irma this past weekend and yes, my nerves and hunger got to me because my adrenaline was pumping. I went to my apt this morning and told them that I had had ice cream and some bread, they cancelled me on the spot! I was devastated! I don't think anyone really understands what it's like to be a type 1. Sure, I can reschedule for next month but juggling my work and family schedule is going to be so difficult.

I'm so glad that you wrote on here. I'm always looking for other Type I's who "get it". Just wish there were more.

FLFattie
on 7/13/17 6:32 am

Thanks so much for sharing. I will keep you in mind for sure with questions. I'm really afraid of having a lot of low blood sugars after surgery and not being able to treat them as I normally do by chugging juice down. Have an Endo apt next week and will discuss things with them then.

FLFattie
on 7/12/17 10:03 am

Hi. Have you had your surgery yet? I'm really struggling with losing the weight before surgery. Doing lots of protein, but just can't stop the hunger and cravings for carbs. I'm 46 and have been Type 1 since I was 12.

FLFattie
on 7/10/17 9:58 am

Hi. I'm new here. Started my pre-sleeve diet and I'm a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump. I've been pretty good at reducing my carbs, but because of the insulin I'm constantly hungry. Any suggestions?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 154 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 482 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 822 views