Got a FT job!!

HarvestMoon1974
on 5/11/06 11:11 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14
I finally got hired as a FT dispatcher! It's about freakin' time! I've been waiting for it to open up in my department for 2 years, to no avail. A good friend referred me for a job in another town a few weeks ago. I had my interview on tuesday and got a call the next day offering me the job. I was so excited, and blown away by how quickly they hired me. They had a lot of other applicants, and I know at least 2 of them have experience because they have both worked for my dep't. My friend was told that I was goiong to be the first one interviewed. If that's true than I'm really thrilled to know I impressed them enough to be hired right away without them interviewing anyone else . The pay is a lot better there than in this town too. The FT's here make $12.50 to start, and I'll be getting $15.65. Plus the benefits there are very good, and very inexpensive. So cool. I'm finishing up my first week of special I training at the academy tomorrow. I can't believe I've survived it The DI's are tough, and the male one is just plain scary . The female one is tough but not as frightening. I hope she'll be around more than him next week. This experience has shown me just how out of shape I really am. We don't have any actual PT, because we are only going for class I and they don't require it. Thank God for that! Just doing the drills and the few up-downs and push-ups we've been forced to do is killing me. My legs hurt so bad every night I could scream. I can't bend them anymore . I can't wait until it's over. Only one more week from tomorrow! Okay, I'm off to pack some more. We're also moving into a new place (our own house!) in less than a week, so my life is a bit hectic at the moment. Goodnight all
Brianna
on 5/12/06 7:31 pm - Lebanon, PA
How exciting for you, a new job and a new house, and the training.. you are busy, busy busy. !!! COngrats on getting the job!! and at a better pay, you can't complain about mor emoney! Let us know how you like it and such as you go along
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 433 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 787 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views