New CAD & GIS Mapping!

Victoria C.
on 6/1/06 6:09 am - Dalton, GA
Holy COW, it has been a rough few days at work. We just got the latest version of Interact CAD installed, along with a new server, and a completely new GIS mapping system. We've been on paper CADs for about three days now. Arghhhhhhh! Last night we finally got CAD up and running, but couldn't use it. Instead, we had to enter all the paper CADs.....there were a boatload of em. We worked on it from around midnight last night and still had about 1/3 to go by 6:00 this morning. THEN..... For each of those CADs, we had to use a program called CAD Catch-Up to go in and edit them with the proper units, dates and times. Had maybe 1/4 of that process completed by the time we left this morning at 6:00. I'm really REALLY hoping the dayshift crew was able to finish the rest of those edits. It looks like rain, which as you all know equals wrecks all over....really stressful job without CAD! Hope everyone has a good weekend! I know I'm going to be thrilled to be off after tonight! ~Victoria 354/295/170
Paula T.
on 6/4/06 9:58 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Victoria, Sounds like you deserve a vacation!!! That sure is a lot of work entering all the backlogged jobs. Hope they get the glitches out of the system by the time you return from days off. Just wanted to say hi too !!! Paula Chicago 9-1-1
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 433 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 787 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views