hey everyone!!

Lexa321
on 7/12/06 4:45 am - weston, FL
hey yall... im new to the board.... im currently working days 3p-11p and finding it next to impossible to do anything that i should.... most nights the pull me for overtime since we are so short staffed and most nights every with all the OT they pull we still work down on the 911 intake positions.... unfortuanlly with all this working i know im not eating right or exersing like i should be... any suggestions?.. oh im about 18 months out and go to paramedic school full time... lexa
Dinka Doo
on 7/23/06 1:35 pm - Medford, OR
Hey Lexa - The board has been a little dead lately - no help from me there! As for what to eat, well, that's a lifelong struggle for a dispatcher, IMO. I think other than raw veggies when you want something real to eat, you can try those Steak Nuggets which are wonderful. Also, there are a few fast food items you can eat that aren't going to ruin it for you. Wendy's chili is low in fat and high in protein. You can get those Taco Bell border bowls "fresca" style (I believe that's what they call it). It's lower in calories as well. Most of the fast food places have good salads you can get as well. And let us not forget Costco. If you have one nearby, their roasted chicken makes a great lunch for days on end, and they have pre-made chicken caesar salads and dother such things you can take along. Now, I will keep some packaged dinners at work for when I can't get to the store or make my own lunch. Most of the Dinty Moore dinners are low in calories and don't have to be frozen or refrigerated. The main thing I try to avoid that I did a lot of in the past pre-surgery is snacking. I can fill up easier now, so there is no reason to have an all night nosh on crackers. Although I will admit that will happen on a rare occasion when I'm PMS'ing. When that hunger kicks in I try to recognize it right away and plan for healthier fare, but it doesn't always work that way. Hope some of that helps! Dina
cburky911
on 2/19/07 3:52 pm - Columbus, OH
I keep some food in my locker so that I have decent stuff to eat. But I also work 3rd shift when fast food retaurants typically aren't opened. I keep some cans of Hormel Vegi or Turkey chili, some Cheerios and some weight control oatmeal. For those times when I need a "salty" snack, I found some Soy Crisps a few weeks ago that are pretty good. They're low fat / high protein and they come in a few different flavors. I also keep a box of the Reduced Fat Triscuts in my locker.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 434 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 787 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views