Hi all!!! :wave: ...

JennMom1
on 12/12/06 7:03 pm - Oroville, CA
Hi all!!! :wave: I hope this doesn't bother anyone but i'm not a dispatcher....however, I have been looking into it and would really like help in finding out how I can get started. I don't know how to get certified or where to look. I just had some general questions like how the schedule works and how hard it is to get started if you have no experience in that field. I have 2 little boys and one is autistic so i have to stay home during the day so he can therapy (I could probably work something out if I didn't have to work days all of the time.) If anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. My email is [email protected] Thanks!!! Jenn
Lexa321
on 12/15/06 2:10 am - weston, FL
call your local police dept or sheriffs dept or surounding agencys and see if they are hiring... i did all my training at work.. kinda like on the job... we work 8 hour shifts... 7a-3p... 3p-11p ( mine) and 11p-7a... usually they put new people on midnights or afternoon... i love my shift... we have a little bit of everything... most of the huge crisis since by 3 most the kids are out of school and people are just getting home and all that good stuff... good luck! lex
cburky911
on 2/19/07 3:16 pm - Columbus, OH
Another thing you may want to do is arrange a time to sit in your local dispatch center fora shift...it's a good opportunity to get a better idea of what goes on, find out how the scheduling works and talk to people in your area.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 435 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 787 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views