Looking for a new job

Brianna
on 4/17/06 6:02 pm - Lebanon, PA
I don't want to do it, I really enjoy dispatching, but I cannot take these overnights anymore, I am exausted and am tired of being tired. I have talked to my boss, he says he understands, and they are 'working on it" yeah, right. I even went so far as to go to the Dr , get trials of perscription sleep medications, when they failed, the Dr wrote a letter to my boss stating that for health reasons it would best for me to be moved. Due to some issues/hassles with another employee, they could not (would not) move me. I have been patient, tried to be a trooper, but I have decided that once the June schedule comes out in mid-May, if a change has not been made, I wil start looking for a new job. Including the 3 trainees, we are almost at full staff, for now.. we are only short 1 person (last week they finally fired a guy they have been trying to get rid of for 2 years, and they have someone experienced lined up to fill the position) So they aren't going to care about my leaving, the office staff has no loyalty to us. I would look for something in the same field, but in this area the options are just not there.. so it is off to something new.. I hate starting a new job, and being almost 40, I was really hoping to settle into one job and stay a while, I thought this was it.. guess not wish me luck.. I still have a small glimmer of hope that they will resolve this schedule problem by June,but I am not holding my breath. there are other people who need moved too... unfortunately for me, I am an alternate shift leader (not that I want the position, but I have it anyway), and that makes it a little more difficult to just trade me with someone else.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 433 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 787 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views