Recent Posts

kcb
on 11/2/07 3:11 pm - wimberley, TX
RNY on 10/02/06 with
Topic: RE: Hi, this is a FYI fo...
It's ok to clip them dry and dirty. I do it too, sometimes. Its recommended to clip them clean. The life of your clippers will be longer if you bathe the animal first. When you don't bathe them first, the clippers will get duller faster and heat up quicker. Just remember to change the blades a little more often and clean and oil them. I usually clean my blades with blade wash then oil them when I'm finished, and I clean the clippers and oil them also.
A10sFrau
on 10/30/07 3:16 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Topic: RE: Hi, this is a FYI fo...
No. I clip dry and dirty, and then finish off dry and clean. Wish I didn't but that is how my daughter taught me. We just got our own blade guy here in SW VA. Used to be we had to send them off to WV for sharpening--no more! Lois
A10sFrau
on 10/30/07 3:11 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Topic: Hey, From VA Mobile Groomer
Hey All, Not many folks on this board, but I do want to throw my hat into the ring. I am a HS teacher who inherited my grooming business from my daughter who died last year, the result of an auto accident. I started her in business, buying her the trailer and equipment and in my time out of the high school, I helped her and learned to groom. Eventually I will most likely sell the trailer, because I am in EMT training and on our local first aid crew. I also coach tennis in the spring. this leave me little time for anything. I am almost 22 months post surgery and am maintaining at 152 lbs. It is harder to maintain now since I have so little time to hike, which is MY form of exercise. Feel free to contact me. Lois Yancy
kcb
on 9/4/06 2:44 am - wimberley, TX
RNY on 10/02/06 with
Topic: Hi, this is a FYI fo...
Hi, this is a FYI for all the groomers, I found a great clipper service called Elmers clipper service. They have an exchange service for blades. So far, I've had great service with them. They even pay for shipping if you have 15 or more blades. Does anyone clip wet?
huming04
on 4/30/06 3:04 am - Billings, MT
Topic: RE: Let the Royal NC Rumpus begin!!!!!!!
Hello from Montana! My name is Alexcina and I do pet grooming on the side and I work at a local vet. Hospital/boarding. How old is your pom? If Midnight is use to the shears, then go and have her done by a groomer and for the first time and then if your gonna try and keep it up? Then start out slow and start with the face and work your way down...but call a local groomer and ask for suggestions in what type of blade to use, etc. ok. You may contact me anytime, if you have any more questions. I have 2 dogs right now and 2 cats and 2 guinie pigs...I had 2 toy poodles just love grooming them...so fun. My 2 dogs are a ****er span. pup *5mths old and a 7yr. old Dauchsand and I am getting a new pup in May of this yr. so ya! ttyl Alexcina
*~*Jaci *.
on 12/19/05 2:39 pm - Central Valley, CA
Topic: Hi!
Hello! Is anyone out there??? LOL My name is Jaci and I own a little black pomeranian that I have groomed myself since I've had her. The thing is, I would like to shape her clip job, now that she's used to the shears. Any ideas??????? Thanks!!!! *~*Jaci and Midnight*~*
JC
on 6/23/05 4:22 am - Mt Vernon, ME
Topic: Welcome to the dog grooming message board

Creating your own post - how to use emoticons

Emoticons associated with your post's title

One emoticon may be associated with your post's title. (We currently do not support embedding emoticons in post titles; the emoticon image you select to go with your post will appear to the left of the post's title.) To select an emoticon image to go with your post title, click the down-arrow marked Title Images to the left of the area where you will type your post. A menu of images should appear; click on one to make it the title image of your post. The image you have selected will appear outlined in red in the Title Images menu.

Emoticons inserted into your post

As many emoticons as you like may be inserted into the body of your post. To view the available emoticons which you may insert, click the down-arrow marked Message Emoticons to the left of the area where you type your post. You will see a list of textual representations of emoticons and their corresponding emoticon images. To insert an image into your post, type the corresponding text. For example, to include this image :-) in your post, you'd type :-), and to include this one :angel: you'd type :angel:.

Click here to view a list of all members who have posted to this message board.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hey, From VA Mobile Groomer
A10sFrau · 0 replies · 293 views
Hi, this is a FYI fo...
kcb · 2 replies · 326 views
Hi!
*~*Jaci *. · 0 replies · 313 views