ball dog

Cynthia T.
on 5/25/06 1:15 pm - IN, CO
every time i move in my house. Ball. He is obcessessed. I come home from work and throw about 45 minutes each night, and about 10-15 minutes each morning before work. Never enough. If I got up to go potty in the middle of the night and shut the bathroom door, I cant open it because there is 4 balls right in front of the door. Never enough ball. He has a fixation, Suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/06 12:00 pm
Hi Cynthia! Luckly, I have two dogs (Newfoundlands) that are very low energy. They like to play ball with these big rubber balls with handles, but they only last 10 minutes max. I don't give them tennis balls because of the choking factor (they have big mouths and throats). Is this your only dog? If so, do you have a dog park near by where you could take him to play with other dogs? Or, is there a doggie day care in your area where he could play all day while you are at work...that might tire him out some. Also, I was thinking that maybe an automatic ball thrower like they have for batting practice would be a great "playmate" for him. I have no idea if you can even buy something like them at K-Mart or Walmart or how expensive they would be, but it might be worth looking into. I'm guessing the speed and strength of the pitch can be adjusted. You could set that up and let him go crazy chasing all the balls while you put your feet up and sip some iced tea. It would probably be a riot to watch him chasing all those balls Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics