My 17 1/2 year old ****apoo died yesterday

Roberta W.
on 7/10/07 1:26 pm - Kent, WA
Yesterday I had to put my 17 1/2 y/o ****apoo to sleep. My dear sweet Samantha. I can hardly write this today...I miss her so . But she had a long and happy life until this week when she had multiple seizures...then I knew. My vet, who I have known for decades (and might I add I put all his kids through college ) said Samantha would never have lived that long and had the great quality of life had it not been for the devotion and great care I gave her. That means the world to me cause there is always the question of "is it the right time?". So now Samantha is playing pain-free by the Rainbow Bridge with Hunter, Shauna and Phoebe (my Miniature Schnauzers). I have been playing all day with my 2 y/o mini schnauzer Emma who seems to be grieving too. If you haven't heard about the Rainbow Bridge, here is the story (I cry every time I read it but it lifts me). Roberta Rainbow Bridge Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown...
Peggysue
on 9/16/07 8:24 am - Fargo, ND
Roberta, I too, put to sleep an 18 year old ****zu.... several years ago.. it broke my heart, i had to take a day off work... I work in child care and one of my parents was a funeral director and gave me grief counseling..... they are your whole life.....that was my "Peanut" i still cry thinking of her,,, and am thinking of you....I have a new puppy, a 4 1/2 pound Chuia'wawa... named Bailey...... he is the light of my eyes.. we have no children so this furbaby is it.... you are in my heart.... Peggy/fargo
Dracoramm
on 6/6/09 1:38 pm
I'm so sorry. I know what your going through.

I too have had to say goodbye to long time fur children. Last I lost a little pomeranian that was only 8 years old. That isn't so old but she was one of those who dogs who just grabs you by the heart the first time you see her/him. I had rescued her and I loved that little dog. She had congestive heart failure. I still cry. I have her sister and an eleven year old toy poodle that I inherited from my mother (who also died last winter).

Right now, I also have a 6 1/2 pound poodle/pom mixture that is 15 and still has a strong heart and lungs. I raised her from a pup and I know that's going to be a hugh blow!.

If you need to write, I'm here for ya.
FrancineG
on 8/16/09 12:32 pm, edited 8/16/09 12:33 pm - Wilmington, CA
We also had to put down our dumb, funny, lovable dog of 7years. He had cancer. He was a Retriver/Shephard mix. He made us laugh a lot. We still cry.
Cynthia A.
on 8/7/10 1:11 am - Riverside, CA
You are so blessed to have had your precious baby for so longer. I too have lost children but i keep them alive in my thoughts and prayers.
Cindy        
Most Active
Recent Topics