Need some help

Kathy *.
on 1/1/05 8:46 am - Butler, PA
Hello Everyone- My mother-in-law, who passed away in Feb '03 was an avid doll collector. She bought from the Danbury Mint and many of the different home shopping channels. My husband's family have all taken the dolls that were special to them, etc and the ones that are left they want to sell. Is there a website we can visit to see what these dolls are worth (most are still in boxes and have never been taken out). Before we sell, whether on Ebay or some other way, we are trying to figure out what all these dolls are worth. Any help is greatly appreciated. I do not know much about dolls or collectibles. Not my thing, but I'm trying to help my husband. Thanks! Kathy
Latricia Smith-Lewis
on 9/13/05 6:05 am - San Francisco, CA
Kathy, I'm an avid doll collector and I too purchase dolls from the various home shopping networks, and from the Danbury Mint, I suggest that you look on the back of the boxes or on the tag that's inside the box {sometimes strung on the dolls right or left hand}; it contains information about the doll as well as the person/company that created the doll, you can then try the website and go from there. Or you could look up apprasial shops in your hometown or on the web and see if they will appraise dolls, or try a reputable doll collector and get an appraisal. I'm sure your mother-in-law would want all the dolls to have a good home, is there no other family members that would take them, I'm sure they are all so beautiful, well if not, then certainly when getting them appraised and sold, do your best to make sure they go to a good loving home. God Bless....
Most Active
Recent Topics
I collect 15-16" Fashion Dolls
Lori S. · 0 replies · 651 views
Need some help
Kathy *. · 1 replies · 376 views
DOLL COLLECTORS UNIT!!
HAPPYNOW · 5 replies · 869 views
Barbie collector
cindy · 3 replies · 577 views