Recent Topics
Most Active

anal fissure

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:12 am, edited 6/24/09 9:13 am - Bakersfield, CA
Okay guys, I got one.  I've had it for more than a month, I'd say.

I read a bunch of things online that said they usually heal up on their own if you soften your stools and be careful (which I have done), but it still hasn't gotten away.

I am putting off going to the doctor for obvious reasons.  Just so embarassing.  Plus I don't really want somebody to stick their finger in my butt.  Yes I am a wuss.

It isn't bleeding anymore, but it still HURTS so bad.  Right now I'm squirming...and my last BM was over 2 hours ago.

When is it time to see a doctor?  Or is there anything else I can do for relief?
mspppants
on 6/24/09 9:27 am - Leicester, NC
First I wanted to say, I'm sorry your asshole hurts! 

Second, I think Diana Cox has an article posted on her profile concerning healing an anal fissure.  

love,

pp

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:28 am - Bakersfield, CA
Oh!  Thanks, PP!  For the sympathy and the tip.  Lol.

I'll go look for that now!
Panda ..
on 6/24/09 9:30 am
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:31 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thanks, Panda.  I think I may be getting near that point!
colene
on 6/24/09 9:32 am
Georgina.....while I am no nancy here...lol.  Sorry your suffering this!!!  I feel for ya!  I was going to tell you as well that Diana has quite a blog on her profile regarding this and there is so much helpful information there....Im all for curing these withjust medications and cautions!  That end is most definately "delicate"....hope you feel better real soon.
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:39 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you, Colene!  I can't seem to find the blog entry...I did a search for anal fissure on her blog and nothing.
Kennedy12
on 6/24/09 9:41 am - Chicago, IL
Here you go Georgina. I had it saved in my favorites. Good info!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3693225/Anal-Fissures-Medical-Non-Surgical-Treatment-Regimen/

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Anna G.
on 6/24/09 9:42 am
DS on 09/17/08 with
OMG, you poor thing. What a thing for a newlywed to have to deal with. Here's the link to Diana's post about anal fissures:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3693225/Anal-Fissures-Medical-Non-Surgical-Treatment-Regimen/

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 9:48 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you!
Star Jones
on 6/24/09 9:59 am - National Harbor, MD
I don't the hell is going on with me lately but I have hard azz stools again. No blood yet but I went about 3 hours ago and theres still that throbbing feeling like a heartbeat in my butt. This is not cute. I added another stool softener this morning and I'm eating greasy chinese, rubbing the prep-h on it, and plan on drinking lots of water. Hopefully things won't be so hard tomorrow

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 10:01 am - Bakersfield, CA
YES!  A hearbeat in my butt!  That's what it feels like.  Except it hurts, too.

Sounds like you're taking good steps though.  I hope things soften up for you!
Aryiana
on 6/24/09 10:36 pm - Jamison, PA
Revision on 06/15/09 with
You know Shani, I just had to tell you that one of my first memories when I came onto OH in March was reading about your BM issues.  When you just posted this it reminded me and I had to smile -- your personality came shining thru even with your pain and discomfort back then, but it was a great feeling for a newbie to this forum to know that all topics can be shared and people really seem to care.

Yes, I am a WENCH - Woman Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness -- and proud of it!!
Mom to Bethany (16yo), David (14 yo) and Arik (2 yrs old)

Star Jones
on 6/25/09 4:26 am - National Harbor, MD
Aryiana, girl, I remember that post like yesterday lol. Yup, we don't hold too much back here. If I can't tell my DSers that my butt is on fiyah, who can I tell?

Happy to say today I am back to my normal routine lol. Thanks to stool softeners and greasy chinese!

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

levittown_loser
on 6/24/09 10:08 am - Levittown, PA
DS on 07/02/08 with
I have a hemroid that gets me from time to time.    (currently getting me! )

I use a Lidocaine HCI 3% Hydrocortisone Acetate 0.5% Cream and it does the trick of calming down the razer blade feelings!!     There is a kit that includes applicators to use in da butt if need be.  I usually just put it on the outside and effected area.     See if you doc will call you some in.

Hydrocortisone Acetate-Lidocaine Hydrochloride Chemical Information

hydrocortisone acetate - The synthetic acetate salt form of hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties. Hydrocortisone acetate initially binds to the cytoplasmic glucocorticoid receptor; then the receptor-ligand complex is translocated to the nucleus where it initiates the transcription of genes encoding for anti-inflammatory mediators, such as cytokines and lipocortins. Lipocortins inhibit phospholipase A2, thereby blocking the release of arachidonic acid from membrane phospholipids and preventing the synthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.

lidocaine hydrochloride - The hydrochloride salt from of lidocaine, an aminoethylamide and a prototypical member of the amide class anesthetics. Lidocaine interacts with voltage-gated Na+ channels in the nerve cell membrane and blocks the transient increase in permeability of excitable membranes to Na+. This prevents the generation and conduction of nerve impulses and produces a reversible loss of sensation. Lidocaine hydrochloride also exhibits class IB antiarrhythmic effects. The agent decreases the flow of sodium ions into myocardial tissue, especially on the Purkinje network, during phase 0 of the action potential, thereby decreasing depolarization, automaticity and excitability.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 10:32 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you for that!  I think I'm going to the doctor today but I'll look into it!
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 10:34 am - Bakersfield, CA
Okay, I can't see the doctor today so I'll definitely pick up some OTC stuff to give me some relief!
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 12:52 pm - TN
Is this what a hemorrhoid turns into? I have a heck of a hemorrhoid right now.
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 12:54 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Nah, I think they're different animals.  Only related in that they are maladies of the butt.