anal fissure

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 2:12 am, edited 6/24/09 2:13 am - Bakersfield, CA
Okay guys, I got one.  I've had it for more than a month, I'd say.

I read a bunch of things online that said they usually heal up on their own if you soften your stools and be careful (which I have done), but it still hasn't gotten away.

I am putting off going to the doctor for obvious reasons.  Just so embarassing.  Plus I don't really want somebody to stick their finger in my butt.  Yes I am a wuss.

It isn't bleeding anymore, but it still HURTS so bad.  Right now I'm squirming...and my last BM was over 2 hours ago.

When is it time to see a doctor?  Or is there anything else I can do for relief?
mspppants
on 6/24/09 2:27 am - Leicester, NC
First I wanted to say, I'm sorry your asshole hurts! 

Second, I think Diana Cox has an article posted on her profile concerning healing an anal fissure.  

love,

pp

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 2:28 am - Bakersfield, CA
Oh!  Thanks, PP!  For the sympathy and the tip.  Lol.

I'll go look for that now!
Panda ..
on 6/24/09 2:30 am
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 2:31 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thanks, Panda.  I think I may be getting near that point!
colene
on 6/24/09 2:32 am
Georgina.....while I am no nancy here...lol.  Sorry your suffering this!!!  I feel for ya!  I was going to tell you as well that Diana has quite a blog on her profile regarding this and there is so much helpful information there....Im all for curing these withjust medications and cautions!  That end is most definately "delicate"....hope you feel better real soon.
Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 2:39 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you, Colene!  I can't seem to find the blog entry...I did a search for anal fissure on her blog and nothing.
Kennedy12
on 6/24/09 2:41 am - Chicago, IL
Here you go Georgina. I had it saved in my favorites. Good info!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3693225/Anal-Fissures-Medical-Non-Surgical-Treatment-Regimen/

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Georgina R.
on 6/24/09 2:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Anna G.
on 6/24/09 2:42 am
OMG, you poor thing. What a thing for a newlywed to have to deal with. Here's the link to Diana's post about anal fissures:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3693225/Anal-Fissures-Medical-Non-Surgical-Treatment-Regimen/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views