Abscess - warning TMI

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 2:44 pm
It's been about a week that I've had this abscess on my buttocks. I haven't had one since I was diabetic and NEVER this bad.

I went to the ER and they could only give me antibiotics and tell me to put warm compresses on it. It wasn't soft yet, it's still kinda hard.

UGH! I am so uncomforitable and in pain. Now it's weeping and yuk.

I thought my days of boils/abscesses were over, I guess not. I just feel very weak and all I can pretty much do is lie there and sleep. Can't sit up for too long.

I can't tell if my mood has improved cause I feel so crappy. I keep telling myself, 'it's not forever'.
This too shall pass. And I know it will.

I'm going back to bed...

Dana
Mdae
on 8/28/09 4:30 pm
that sounds really unpleasant.  hope it clears up soon!
Rena H.
on 8/28/09 7:11 pm - Spokane, WA
awwww =( hang in there TaylorD! man i can't even imagine!
Lori Black
on 8/28/09 8:40 pm - , IN
Yeouch!  I'm so sorry honey.

Lori
traciejo1972
on 8/28/09 11:01 pm
I can soooo feel your pain.....literally! lol  I have a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa which is basically boils that pop up pretty often and it SUX!  I have also had one on my ass and know what youy are going through........there is no position that is comfortable and no matter what you do it hurts!  I am soooo sorry you are going through this.  The good news for me is that losing weight is supposed to greatly improve my condition!  Gosh I sure do hope so!

It will pass darling........hopefully sooner than later for sure!  I will be sendoing healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Getting excited about my future!  God is AWESOME!

HW/SW/CW/GW     updated 3/29/11
369/341/194/175

Lucy B.
on 8/29/09 12:51 am

Oh Tracie I have hidradenitis suppurativa too and was hoping that the weight loss would help... Grrr I can only say from my own experiance that it has not helped at all.. It has even gotten worse becouse of the extra skin now..Maby it will help me get the plastics paid for??  A girl can hope right!! I have an appointment with a plastic surgen at a Burn unit to see what he can do ,, Mine mainly effect my arms..But have had them in all the bad places as well..

I sure hope yours do resolve with the weight loss..HS sucks!! 

Guate Wife
on 8/29/09 1:51 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Lucy,  I can't wait to hear if this helps you get PS paid for.... I am hoping for the same thing.  It is a medical condition, and I believe mine has also gotten much worse post-op due to the sagging skin.  I can only imagine that they would have to cut the boils right out.  They never go away, just dormant..... then fester, and then oh fun!

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

hswarrior
on 5/25/18 1:52 pm

Hi Tracie.

My name is Kim. I came across your response while looking up how PRID has worked for others. I also have Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and I wonder if you have had any successes since you posted this in 2009. I know it's a long-shot that you even have this account anymore, but I would love to talk to you. I help run an HS group on Facebook for those who suffer silently with me.

I'd love to hear from you.

mgpm
on 8/28/09 11:05 pm
I've had one on my shoulder before and it's horrible.  I also got anti biotics and when it healed up, there was still a knot there.  My PCP took it out after it healed so I wouldn't get it back again.

I'm sorry you have this.  Hope the antibiotics clear it up soon. xo
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 11:32 pm - Cumberland, IN
I have had hidradenitis suppurativa for 6 years now, so I get Abcess, Boils and Cyst all over my bottucks and thighs.  It  hurts and they enver go away.  I am pretty much used to it, but I live in constant pain everyday.  So I know where you are coming from.  Hopefully, the anti-biotics help!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 109 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views